View Poll Results: Should girls ask guys out?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way, its a turn off.

0 0%
  • If you must

3 16.67%
  • Yes, girls should just get over it and do it.

15 83.33%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: girls asking guys out?

girls asking guys out?

Hello- I'm new, but I'll get straight to the point.

I'm have a crush on this guy at work, I haven't been working there for long so haven't had any opportunities to hang out with work ppl hence I have never seen this guy outside of work. Anyway, I think we get along really well and its really too early for me to say that he has any interest in me romantically. So, in order for anything to really happen is for me to make a move..BUT I'm really not sure about me asking him on a date. It is so easy to say that u know its the 21st century and there is no problem with the girl doing it, and that guys appreciate that kinda thing. But i still think that many ppl would be taken back at the fact the girl is doing asking out thing; its still uncommon isn't it?

Would it be better if I just kept flirting with him and hinting? i.e. wait for him to do something - or wait to see him outside of work? I'm so confused!

What do u guys think?

hi!

I may be old fashioned but I think guys should always do the asking. If they really are into you then they will ask you out, I see it that simply. BUT, I voted "if you must" because I know most people don't agree with me, and I can see where they are coming from. (...but i'm still right )
    to err is human, to forgive divine

Aye, guys think it is totally awesome, I mean honestly? Who ever said guys needed to do all the asking?

I think it's ok for the girl to ask a guy out. If you like him, why not?

This will sound old-fashioned, but I think I'd prefer knowing he asked me, and I do think that some men like to imagine that they did the "hunting". Really, it all comes down to personal taste. More importantly, I'd be careful about dating people I worked with.

Just be casual about it. Right now I'm seeing someone from work. A number of months ago, a few of us went bowling one Friday night. Months go by, and I'm single and the girl from work wants to go out with me. She knows I enjoy bowling (have my own ball) so she starts bugging me to take her bowling. Once I finally get over the Ex, I get the nerve to finally take her. Things went from there. I didn't even consider it a date at the time, it was a more casual thing. By the end of the night, however, I invited her to come out with me and my friends for my birthday two days later.

If she hadn't shown some initiative, we'd probably still be flirting at work but nothing more.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Ask him. But be prepared to pay for the date, it's only fair

Oh, and I agree with Shh!, don't date people from work, I know this from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Oh, and I agree with Shh!, don't date people from work, I know this from experience.
    Yea, listen to Lloyd and Ssh; they know what's up.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Aren't you dating someone from work?

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    Ha! Owned!

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Ha! Owned!

Eh, I don't know from experience. It just seems like an obvious piece of wisdom for someone who wants to avoid excessive complications.

My husband has had lots of his employees date and then marry a co-worker. It is REALLY ugly when they divorce/cheat, etc. EVERYONE knows EVERYTHING.

No privacy - not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    Yea but haven't you heard of "Do what I say not what I do"
    It's a bad scenario. Even when things are going well it's a bit awkward and it's generally frowned upon. It's hard to work 8hrs a day with someone 5 days a week and not be able to kiss them while you're there.

As far as the breakup goes; we both hate our jobs so if all goes wrong, one of us can just quit. Hell she's even said, "I wouldn't still be working here if it wasn't because of you"

lol I was just joking around with you and yes I'm Very familiar with do as I say not as I do. That's what my mom used to tell me all of the time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Hell she's even said, "I wouldn't still be working here if it wasn't because of you"
    Uh-oh. After just one month?
    Can you say "Fatal Atrraction"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast