+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He is unwilling to compromise.

He is unwilling to compromise.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 10 months. We each go to church, different denominations.

I usually go with him, every Saturday, and he will occasionally go with me, if I ask.

Today, I asked him if we could start alternating, I go to his one week, he goes with me the next.. seems reasonable, since I still go to my church on the same weekend I go to his.

He told me no, that he liked the arrangement we have. I told him That maybe we should just start going to our own churches alone, and he said, we'll talk about it.

I'm super irritated. How should I handle this?

If you've already got him used to a certain arrangement it's hard to ask him to change it, but if it's really that important to you make it clear (without attacking him). Your response to me sounded more petty than constructive.

If you're planning to make this person a long term fixture in your life, then you need to reach a solution that works for both of you.

Thank you. You're totally right, it did sound petty.

I don't see the problem.
    If u don't want to go then don't
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.