+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he like me and am I giving people reason to assume things?

Does he like me and am I giving people reason to assume things?

Hi,

This is a bit complicated to describe so thanks for bearing with me

I started going to a church and I took a liking to a single guy my own age (I'm 29) then I met this 50 year old single guy and we struck up a friendship. Being new, I feel comfortable with this guy, and we are together a lot. I don't know if he feels anything for me and if I'm unintentionally leading him on but he talks about his ex wife and past relationships and my mother told me to be careful because that can be a sign of interest since he's opening up like that. I'm inexperienced with men so I have no idea what I'm doing. I just think I'm being friendly.

I also have this silly idea since I'm too afraid to talk to the guy my age that I like, that if I talk to his friend (the 50 year old) he would come over and join the conversation. He doesn't. But one night after a church event, the older guy and I were in the car park together and the young guy has his lights on but didn't drive away until we left. We talked to each other the whole time inside before that. (Me and the older guy)

So my questions are: Does the older guy like me given his conversation about exes and if we are constantly being seen together, is it possible the young guy thinks something is going on? Because he doesn't talk to me and he walks past this guy and I and looks at us.

Hope I didn't confuse too many people here thanks for reading

What exactly keeps you from speaking to the boy?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

I guess I am more at ease with this older guy I'm not romantically interested in because there's nothing on the line. It concerns me a bit that he's opening up about his ex and I'm worried I might be leading him on. I'm too nervous to talk to the guy my age, it's hard to even say hi if I pass him, but I am comfortable with the older guy. I kinda hoped that the younger guy would join our conversation since he's friends with the guy too.
    Last edited by Ditapage; 05-06-17 at 07:29 AM.

If it is difficult for you to say hi to him, how exactly are you thinking a possible relationship could play out with him?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.