+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Assume This Is Good

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I Assume This Is Good

So this new guy I've started hanging out with.....don't want to stick him with the 'dating' tag just yet.....looks like he may actually have some potential. We became friends really fast and easily, and it doesn't hurt that he's yummy too.

Now, I'm always a bit cynical about a guy's level of interest, don't like to jump the gun and act like a silly lovestruck teenager. But the guy has been making future plans with me already. Like, he wants me to take scuba lessons with him for possible travel opportunities down the road? And he asked me to take a road trip to Calgary with him in October.

Think maybe he likes me as more than a friend? Guys don't usually plan this stuff with girls they just plan to 'hang out' with, right?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Guys don't usually "hang out" with girls as hot as you, either. Come on, how many guys have you known that weren't interested in you romantically?
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Giga has a point, you are pretty hot.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think Blue wants to know if they are interested in more than her 'hotness', tho. Being very attractive brings its own set of issues. Like having to worry that all a guy wants is a physical relationship.

Blue, it sounds good so far. Definitely his wanting to do activities w/you like scuba & travel bodes well. Good luck & have fun.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Guys don't usually plan this stuff with girls they just plan to 'hang out' with, right?
    I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. For example, I am probably going to ask a girl in one of my classes (who I definitely like) if she wants to come to Rochester with me over fall break, since she is from Canada's west coast and won't be going home for those few days. Would I do this if I didn't have a higher level of interest? No, I wouldn't. I highly doubt she'll take me up on the offer, but I'll be kicking myself in the ass if I don't at a minimum ask her.

So yeah, I would say he is definitely interested in you (no shit, right?). The fact that he wants to do something actively with you might mean he doesn't want to jump into anything too fast, so he might want the chance to get to know you some more while having a guaranteed fun time (scuba diving is so much fun, do it!!!).

Besides, taking road trips and stuff means being in a car, physically close to someone, for an extended period of time. Some type of bonding forms simply by being in close physical proximity to someone else for lengths of time like that.

Haha, I just noticed it said you are from Vancouver. That's where the girl I like is from.. Besides the point thou
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 21-09-07 at 01:40 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Guys don't usually "hang out" with girls as hot as you, either. Come on, how many guys have you known that weren't interested in you romantically?

Uh, there's been a few. Okay, maybe only one or two.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Uh, there's been a few. Okay, maybe only one or two.
    Yeah, and let me guess: they ended up together.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, and let me guess: they ended up together.
    No, they ended up alone because they were stupid stupid little boys.

Ew, the thought of them together made me throw up a little in my mouth.

Nice girls don't swallow.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nice girls don't swallow.
    But polite ones do.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    So yeah, I would say he is definitely interested in you (no shit, right?). The fact that he wants to do something actively with you might mean he doesn't want to jump into anything too fast, so he might want the chance to get to know you some more while having a guaranteed fun time (scuba diving is so much fun, do it!!!).

Thats what I was thinking.....I think he wants to establish a friends-type thing first....he's very much a one-girl type of guy, and is serious about taking the time to find the right person.

Actually he asked me the other night if I believed in love. I said "I believe in it, but I'm a little more cynical about the process of getting there. And it would take a lot for me to get there." And he said "I absolutely agree with you. Its healthy to be a bit cynical about it." Asking me about love already? Kinda took me aback a bit, but oh well.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Asking me about love already? Kinda took me aback a bit, but oh well.
    Some guys have bad timing, lack common sense when it comes to relationships and dealing with women, etc. Not all of us are Rico Suaves and know what to say and when to say it. I'm one of these guys

So don't hold that against him. He might be a conversation clutz like me. He could have easily meant for that question to have some other purpose without realizing how you would interpret it

Maybe he just doesn't want to waste time on somebody who is completely wrong for him, so he's checking everything thoroughly. I think this is a really good sign, actually. He's interested enough to find out who you are.

I love that you're not one of those jump-in-with-both-feet girls.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thanks for the input guys, really appreciated.

Now, if he has gone from calling me every day to every few days instead......should I be worried? Or am I being a paranoid nutjob? Im sorry, I'm a teeny tiny bit insecure, and I like him, so I guess I'm always looking for 'signs' that they don't like me back.

Hey summer! Been awhile for me too in here, nice to see you back!

My take in the dating world with guys. first guys are always lookers at first, they see what they like, and of course like everyone says youre hot so bing bing thats your first clue, got that in the bag.

Second, dont fret cause he's started talking and making plans do to things. He's feeling you out getting to know you. Every new situation I think each person is curious about how the other feels about relationships in general.

Third, dont panic if he doesnt call right away. Some men dont want to appear "desperate". Sounds like you like him already too. Just kick back, keep busy and when he does call, act NORMAL! Ive done that where a few days go by and Im getting nervous thats he's gone, he's not interested and then when he calls Im like a little kid with excitement. Shows too much. Keep it casual. Let him do a little chasing, men like to chase a little. Its sucks, its the dating game, but thats how were wired.

It will be fine! Have fun with it sweetie!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast