+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Told him I loved him- he broke off communication and started dating quickly

Told him I loved him- he broke off communication and started dating quickly

I've been in a relationship for two and a half years, We had both lost our so's to death recently before talking and we were Fwbs, best friends, we bought each other presents he did a lot with me and the kids. We talked everyday whether by text or phone. The idea was when he was ready to date he would think of me and I was to be patient. We had in the past told each other we loved each other but had just been best friends the last few months. He had my location on his phone so he knew where I was (I liked this btw) We hung out and he made a comment about dating again then said we were just friends and I got upset and wrote a love letter then he slowed down talking to me and within two weeks he told he was dating someone else. I know he loved me- his actions were everything to show his love, but putting words on it - scared him? Can anyone give me an idea of what's going on in his mind? I'm 40, widowed with four kids. He's 40, never married but lived my kids. Help, please!!

He probably decided that he wants to see what else is out there. Possibly he wants to have kids himself? Chances are, that woman was in the picture before that time frame. A lot of women line up replacements before ending things, he possibly could have done this as well.

When he was ready to date he would think of me? It sounds like you're waiting on this man's Beck and call. Never do that.

Also "He had my location on his phone so he knew where I was (I liked this btw)", kind of a weird thing don't you think?
    That's controlling behavior, I guess I find it hard to be cool with things like that.

As for help, well, if he isn't returning your calls/messages, there isn't much you can do. All you can really say is, Hey I would love to see you again and just see where things will go, but we clearly aren't on the same page right now. Let me know if you think that ever changes.

Depending on what you've said, or however much has been said, it might not be necessary. You already wrote him a letter. I'm not sure how many other times you've tried to contact him. I'm assuming you have.

Then move on. Don't contact him unless he contacts you. Date new men. Never try to keep somebody in your life that doesn't want to keep you.

My poor dear, I don't think you need a stranger to tell you how he felt. Sometimes when we need love we see only what we want to see. You were someone kind that he could be with, but obviously, if he were attracted to you in a deeper way, he would have let that be known. Love didn't scare him because he started a relationship with someone else. Remember, he did tell you the two of you were just friends. HE told you what was going on in his mind but you are just not ready to accept it.