+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He is 37- I'm 19! Honest Opinions on this situation??

He is 37- I'm 19! Honest Opinions on this situation??

Basically we were close friends but I moved away. I rang him recently and he was so happy that I called- he told me that I made his day and that no other friend cares about him enough to check up on him like me. We even started talking about the lovely memories we had together & he said that he's glad I appreciate them. Then I started talking about my new job- I said that the hours were f***ed up & he started laughing, replying with 'I thought you said you have more hours for f***ing now' even though I was one hundred percent clear in what I said. Then he said that he shouldn't be saying this & that he forgets how young I am. I just giggled telling him to wait until I'm a bit older.
    Then a few days after our phone call I joined a messaging site & within minutes he had texted me a sticky with 'Hello' as the message (he has never ever texted me before)but I had lost his number so I asked who it was and he replies with 'it's me my darling'...

Opinions please??

Well, if you really like him a lot and are you are both ok with the age difference; why not pursue? Who cares what anyone else thinks about it as long as you would both be happy together...
    Life is shorter than you think, so never hold anything back!

"Close friends"? What made you close friends? What "lovely memories" did you have together? What made you call him and why would he need other friends to "check up on him"? If you were my daughter, I would be totally against you seeing a 37 year old man. Why would a man of that age want to go out with a 19 year old girl? Maybe I am just jumping ahead since you didn't say he asked you out, but it sounds very shady. I am sure it is quite a compliment for a man that age to show an interest in you, but as a mature woman, I can assure you it can lead to nothing but trouble.