+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I like my friend, she used to like me. I confessed, now we're in a weird state.

I like my friend, she used to like me. I confessed, now we're in a weird state.

My friend, who we'll refer to as Erin, used to like me at about the same time I liked her. We have another close friend, who I'll call Aidan. Aidan had a crush on me, and Aidan told Erin. For some reason, Aidan told Erin to stop talking to me, because they were jealous of Erin's friendship with me. I found out, and suddenly, we all stopped talking.

Erin and I stopped talking. Erin is a great friend, so she tried to set Aidan and I up, but I didn't like Aidan, I liked her. Since we stopped talking, my crush on her faded, but it was still there. Suddenly, after months and months, Aidan talked to me. Aidan had developed a crush on Erin (!!). I was honestly a little surprised, it was so sudden. Since I tried to be a great friend, I tried setting them up. Take note: we're in different friend groups.

Aidan and I didn't work out, Erin and Aidan didn't work out. One day, Aidan was absent for class. They sat in between Erin and I. Erin told me to take Aidan's seat. I sat there for about 2 days, and I got closer to Erin again. By now, almost a year has passed. I realized I still liked her a lot.

Spring break began, and Erin and I texted everyday. We were both trying to guess each other's crushes, not knowing it was each other. We talked a lot, having skype lunch dates and staying up to text, flirting. School started again, and Aidan and I became close again.

Erin started teasing us, saying that we liked each other. I was pretty mad, so I told her to tell me who she liked and I'd tell her who I liked. I lied and said I liked my friend who isn't involved in this drama. She said she USED to like me.

The next day, I confessed. I told her that she was the one I really liked. We were okay for a while, until she began teasing Aidan and I, once again.

I started sending her notes, telling her she was cute and stuff, to get it into her head that I liked HER, not Aidan. I sent these notes in codes, like binary and morse.

After a month, she told me to stop, because she was flustered. We became super awkward ever since.

Now we're not talking. Any ideas?

First: Aiden looks like a real dick. Like telling Erin not to talk to you and stuff. That was a dick move.
    About Erin: is she out? Maybe she's afraid of actually pursuing a relationship with you because of this. If not maybe she's messing with you. Unfortunately it might happen. I would open the game and straight out ask her. Since you're not talking now you have nothing to lose.
    Hope I helped.

Clarification: Erin is out

Erin and I aren't talking lately, but we have this groupchat with Aidan. The three of us talk to each other through that chat, but Erin and I dont talk face to face that much. Since we're not classmates, we just give each other smiles whenever we pass. I can't find a way to talk to her, because whenever I see her, she's with a group of friends, or we're in a public setting with absolutely no privacy. Her friend told me she was purposely ignoring me. The other day, she gave me a box of chocolates. Now, I'm even more confused.