I have an out of town friend who I have known now for 4 years or so. To summarize my story below - I have these strong feelings that I can't for the life of me shake off. I am in my mid-20's and have been through many girls but it has been extremely rare for me to find someone who I am simply crazy about. I mean maybe 2 or 3 girls my whole life who I've felt so strongly for. There's something about this girl though, she just really feels perfect for me. I have this connection with her that I can't even fully explain to myself, but it's gotten so intense I really think I'm falling for her. I've tried to shake this and move on but somehow I can't. And now I'm stuck and don't know what to do about it..

Here's the situation - She lives about 3 states away in another part of the country. When we first met we lived in the same area for 3 months due to a summer program and hung out a lot, but at the time she had a boyfriend. I always felt something for her but it didn't get too intense simply because I knew she wasn't available.

The next time I saw her was 3 years later, when she and some other friends and I got together for a reunion. At this point we are both now single. We had an obvious connection during this brief trip, and I'm convinced it wasn't just temporary feelings. We didn't "hook up" but spent a lot of time together, even held hands for awhile, etc (I'm a seasoned dater in my 20's this isn't a teenage crush kind of thing). It mostly culminated in one night, the last night we were together. But the trip was very short and we had to leave. We've been in touch since then, mostly via text and email.

Anyway, to cut it short, I'm a good 90% sure she feels similar for me as I do for her. Unfortunately I'm the kind of person who is terrified of making a move if I'm not 100% sure. I've always been that way. And even if I were to "make a move," I don't even know what that would be and what it might even be able to accomplish. I know that she is at a point where she is considering a career change in the not too distant future, and she has expressed occasional interest in moving to my city (because of the city, not me specifically), but I don't know if she would actually do this without an especially strong reason. For example, to chase a guy like me...

So I guess what I'm looking for is some advice. At this point I feel somewhat lost, and all I can try to do is figure out how to see her in person again, doesn't matter where, as soon as possible. I feel very strongly that if we were able to spend some more time together, our connection could really cement. The timing last time was somewhat devastating, we were forced to part ways as soon as something was just happening. It's been a good 4 months since I saw her now, and somehow I just can't stop thinking about her. Like I said this is something that just doesn't happen to me. I've even tried to get with other girls since then but somehow every time I lose enthusiasm and just think about her again!

Has anyone experienced a similar situation to this? I know long-distance crushes are very common, but maybe someone has been through this type of situation for better or for worse and can share their experience with me. Should I put my feelings on the table and see what happens? Should I try whatever I can to get a trip together again to see her in person as soon as possible? Should I try to convince myself I just need to forget it and move on?

Thanks in advance for any advice or insight!