+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Now he says he wants compromise

Now he says he wants compromise

So I had been seen this guy for almost 2 years now, more a ****buddy thing than other. It started couple of months after his exwife left. I fell for him quite soon, despite I told myself not to, in fact I have been struggling with it the whole time, the "is it today a good day for leaving?", because I knew I had to leave.
    It was weird, we would travel together, go out, sleep over, spend days playing scrabble, talking for hours during the night, met his mom, he was really warm, cooked for me, hugged me a lot, etc. However, once I am away he would act indifferent, no messages, no nothing, and rememberig here and there the fact that we were not a couple, in his words "we weren't even dating" pushing back the whole time, avoiding intimacy.
    My mistake? being submissive and stupid and not telling what I wanted, leaving to him all of the decisions. So, one day I told him I couldn't think of him as a friend and I was leaving, and I did, convinced of not comming back. Then the "I miss you and I think of you all the time" messages and calls started till, 2 and a half months later I said yes and went back.
    Nice days came, he seemed more eager and, somehow I thught that meant we were a couple (my mistake again), but then indifference came back, no messages in many days (we live kinda far), not treating me as a priority (we talked about doing something and then his friends came so I ended just watching them talk to each other, he wouldn't care if I was feeling awkward or anything) or would be extremely distant and cold in front of some people (I d' understand if it was someone important, but they weren't) as if it was embarassingthat they see him showing affection to me.
    I felt bad and left him again about a month ago, didn't explain much just told him our friendship for me was useless, he said he could not understand me, because he thought we were doing better than ever.
    Now, all of a suden he texts: "I think we should get formal about being a couple, I am eager". I told him we met in 2 weeks.
    I am sooooooo confused, for me, comitment(which is what I want...or wanted) doesn't come as a contract just buy saying we are "boyfriend and girlfriend", if he had thought of my feelings in the past, knowing what I felt for him, he had to let me go.
    I am affraid he could keeo the same distant and indifferent, if didn't came naturally why would it come just now?
    Haha, OMG
    What do you people think?

I personally think you should stay away. He has just been heart broken and needs time to heal, hense why he is messing you around so much. You deserve true love not confusing, unstable relationships. xx