+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ending a Good Relationship Over Sex Issues?

Ending a Good Relationship Over Sex Issues?

My girlfriend and I have been together for three years (we are 22), and everything has been perfect except sex and passion. We click so well, love each other's families, and have been planning on moving in together at the end of the year. But our sex has always been an issue. She doesn't find me sexually attractive and has little-to-no sex drive. She has always been like this, and it's not just me. She has always been uncomfortable with sex with her previous partners, and can't figure out why. It's not that we don't have great sex every once in a while, it's just that there's no desire on her end.

Recently this issue has become, well, an issue. It's straining us. And right now she's deciding on whether or not she should end this relationship. Part of her never wants to leave me. Part of her wants me to find someone that can fulfill that need. Part of her wonders if she will ever be able to find an enjoyable sex life, and though everything else is perfect, it doesn't seem to be with me.

She's going to start therapy for the issue next week, but she's still not sure if she's going to leave me. I put the choice up to her, because frankly, I don't want to leave her. Yes, sex is the issue, but I guess I have hope that it's something psychological (because it isn't just with me) and it can be worked out.

What should be the next move? I don't want to live without her, but right now she isn't sure what the best option is.

P.S. She's not cheating emotionally of physically. She literally has no time and is super against it.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Maybe she has past sexual issues that she can't share with you?
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Quote Originally Posted by nerdy_guy View Post
    Maybe she has past sexual issues that she can't share with you?
    Yeah could be used or abused as a child.

But maybe shes just not so into sex in general. Like low sex drive or just not interested in it. Sex therapist might have the answers.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will