+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She says we're moving too fast?

She says we're moving too fast?

I have been dating this amazing girl for 2 and a half months now since july. We see eachother once or twice a week, a day being quite long from 12 to midnight or so. We are quite compatible.

I do believe we are going on a slow tempo. About 3 weeks ago the closest thing we have done was giving popcorn from mouth, not even kissed yet.
    However she says she doesnt want to go too fast.

Saying things like, im still young (21), im not ready yet, i want to get to know you better, im scared, im shy.

Few days ago we had a conversation, i said i really like her and i would go slower if she wants, she then says i dont have feelings right now, im too busy with work. (I dont get this because i work more and harder then her, we also almost shared a kiss a few weeks ago and she did say she has liked me for a while before we started dating). She was even the one who reached out to me, asking if i went to a party and if she could tag along.

Im rather confused and we will be seeing eachother tonight. Not sure what i should do. My niece says i should just kiss her soon.

Yeah just kiss her. I wonder does she have boyfriend if she dont want to kiss. Even girls with boyfriends let me kiss them and make a step towards a kiss.

You should ask her questions. Like is shes christian, what she thinks about sex before marriage and such things. Maybe she dont know how to kiss and are complete virgin (celka of the year lol)
    I just watched video about girls on first dates and I liked the one who kissed, the chubby one. Wrote her letter to VK too.

https://youtu.be/60BBaSxJ-wI?t=1h21m33s
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I don't think I necessarily agree that you should kiss her. I mean, I readily admit I could be wrong.... but that just doesn't strike me as a good idea in this situation. She tells you she wants to take things slow.... so you respond by attempting to move things forward? How in depth was your conversation with her?

Because I would think the better idea would be for you two to talk about it more in depth. Share with her what you feel like is a reasonable timeline of a relationship, and ask her to share what she thinks would be appropriate. It isn't like you two have to agree to a set schedule. (In X months we will kiss. In X+Y months we will sleep with each other, etc.) You should just have some idea of what you each see the relationship becoming, and on what timeline.

Honestly, you two can seem SUPER compatible, but if your timelines are WAY off, you may not be the right match after all. That CAN happen. And, honestly, she is 21. That IS kind of young. So I could understand if she is not yet ready for something super serious....

But that doesn't mean you don't have to be either. So, if that doesn't work for you, that does NOT make you wrong. But, it also doesn't make her wrong. It may just mean you two want something different right now. And, heck, you two MAY actually be closer together than you think. That is why you need to talk it out to decide.

Good luck to you. I hope it works out, but if not there will be somebody else. I know it doesn't feel that way sometimes, but you will see that in time.