+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I date a close friend?

Should I date a close friend?

Hi,

I am really, really, really close with this girl. I've been friends with her for years, and until now, I've never seen her in any other way than a really close friend. But.... last week, we went out to dinner together, and things started to escalate.... Whilst walking her to her car she kissed me. It wasn't an affectionate goodnight kiss, I'm not misreading this, it was much more passionate and full on. I said I needed some time to think, but would see her soon.

The thing is, I don't know how I feel.

Obviously I love her very much and value her as a close friend. And, when she kissed me, I didn't not enjoy it.

But, I've never seen her in any other way, and I'd worry about losing her. My track record isn't great, I have a tendency to screw up relationships (mainly because of the intensity of my job) If I did date her, and we split up, I couldn't face losing her.

What do ya think? I'd be grateful for any suggestions

Are you gay?
    Honest question really
    Dont mean to insult
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.