+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Im in love with my best friend.

Im in love with my best friend.

I don't really know where to begin? It's just that I know this girl and I really like her. I have known her for a while and I just can't let her go. It began when she got together with my best friend and it was fine and everything but then after a while, he treated her like shit and I was there for her. Every time she cried or was down I were there, she told me everything I was like her best friend. Then a month ago she broke up with him and I was there again to comfort her and my feelings really took off. I really love her, she's on my mind 24/7. When I sleep, when I'm working or even when I'm eating shes there and every time we meet I shine up like the sun. But the past week we have been more than just friends were cuddling shes telling me she may have some feelings for me but she doesn't really know yet. When she lies next to me and I'm holding here tight I'm feeling sick. Every time we get real I feel sick like I wanna puke or something. But when we're not together shes on my mind again. Sometimes I have tummy ace cause of her. So I don't know what to do so I found this site and I'm asking for advice. What to do because I really love here but like I said when it gets real I feel sick.

I don't really know why you get sick. Perhaps it's because you are with her but yet you don't know if she has feelings for you. You should feel lucky you didn't get friendzoned already. You need to be a little more aggressive in stating your feelings to her.

Is she a human person or is she also a cat? Because I am not sure inter-species dating is advisable. I am kidding, of course, Mr. Cat. In all honesty... things could definitely be worse. As madotnw said, at least you haven't been friend-zoned. She said she thinks she may have feelings for you. That is a pretty good start. She's been through a break-up recently. Sometimes people can be on the rebound whether or not they even realize it. So, you want to tread carefully.... BUT, she's already laid the seeds that there could be interest there. So, I am with madotnw on this one.

I think you should make your intentions clear. Start trying to move things towards an actual relationship. You don't have to push her if she's not ready. She just got through a break-up, so that could be understandable. But, just make it clear that you are interested.

Though, at the same time, don't wait TOO long. You should have some kind of time frame in your own mind for where you will forget her and move on if she's still dragging her feet on committing to anything. Because what can happen if you aren't careful is she could lead you on for a while with no intention of ever being anything more than friends just because the attention makes her feel good. Hopefully she isn't that kind of person, but you never really do know. So, you just want to be careful not to be TOO patient.... but at the same time don't push her. I know that sounds like confusing advice a little bit, but it is a delicate balance.

But, you AREN'T pushing her if you simply make your interest clear, nor are you pushing her if you even decide to go ahead and ask her out. She can always say no or say "I'm just not ready yet." So, for now just do what feels natural for you... but at the same time, do't hover too long in the state of nice guy/friend or that may be where you land permanently. Good luck to you.

trying to fill up my 15 posts to PM sorry.

I just want to say thank you!! I asked her to want she really wanted and showed that I really liked her. She said she felt the same way even she recently broke up and she was glad that I was there for here in the hard times. We are going to our first date tomorrow. We are going to a fancy restaurant and later we're going to the movies, I can just say that I'm really nervous and glad that you guys gave me good advice

Awesome! I hope it goes well. Good luck to you. Again, just remember that her break-up could still feel very fresh. So, it may take a little patience even more so than it may with any other gal. But, just be yourself, be a gentleman, and hopefully it will go well. You rock!