+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Anyone ever had a successful friends with benefits thing?

Anyone ever had a successful friends with benefits thing?

Has anyone ever had a successful friends with benefits thing?
    By successful I mean where nobody got hurt in the end and/or it turned into a real lasting relationship.

Please share your stories and tips and tricks;}

In my experience, someone always gets hurt. Being intimate with a friend opens up a new can of worms. Feelings always begin to change and grow with one person. Jealousy always manages to creep in. Sex is a very powerful thing.Even though you start out with the agreement of being friends with benefits, someone ends up feeling used.

If you are truly just good friends, my advice is to leave it at that. If you have stronger feelings for each other, then you have to take a chance and make a commitment.

Thank you Snow white.
    After an entire day of thinking about this yesterday I decided the same thing.
    I will talk to him and say that I am not ok with being just friends with benefits or whatever this is now and that I am willing to take a chance and try something more, if he is too.
    And if he doesn't think it's worth it then I'll tell him we should just stay friends.
    In my experience friends with benefits also always ends un with someone being hurt. And most likely it would be me, cause knowing myself, it would take major will power to not develop feelings for him and I don't think I could do that...

No, not myself or any female friends. There is always so many flaws in it, because hard to have sex without creating feelings, or even falling in love for most people and would hurt to feel and have other not feel same for you. Plus, hate idea of being with someone who is being with 4 maybe more other people. Turn off.