+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help!

Help!

I want to have sex with this guy. I am scared to trust him. I have known him for years. But i just feel too scared...

If you just want to have sex, why do you need to trust him?

Because i dont want it to be just sex. I would like it to be something more.

Is there a reason that leads to not trust him?

I've been lied to in the past... and it sucked. Im afraid of being burned again... but he has done nothing... i am just afraid... if i sleep with him - will he ditch? How do i know he is in this for more than sex?

Well, you've known him for years and he hasn't ditched you because you haven't had sex yet. And don't you want to find out if he is that type of person just in case he is.
    Also, are you two dating? or you are just jumping into sex.

I guess thats true...

He doesnt have that type of a track record i don't think. He's been in some pretty long term relationships in the past.

We have been going on dates. We have only had two so far. The third one is coming up...

Just go and enjoy yourself. This is period where you guys should be having fun.

Unfortunately, sometimes in life you have to just go for it. Believe me, I understand how you feel, but you can't let past pain hold you back from living your life. Easier said than done, believe me, I know. But, you shouldn't allow some jerk who hurt you in the past to have such an effect on your present and future. He already hurt you before. Why should he have the power to still affect you now?

I will say this.... at least one good thing DID come from what happened to you in the past. That is that you became a little wiser for it and became more careful. It IS good that you have some reluctance to just jump right back into a situation where you could get hurt again. ...But at this point, all signs seem to point to the same thing PROBABLY wouldn't happen again. It seems like you and this guy have liked each other for a while now. This is a guy we are talking about. He probably wouldn't have waited around that long if he was just in it for sex.

Does that mean it DEFINITELY won't happen? Unfortunately, no. There are sadly no guarantees in life. But... the thing is it happened to you once before and yet here you are ready to give love a chance with somebody else. Ready, even, to take things to the next level. So, it may have delayed you for a while, but it didn't stop you forever. What's my point? My point is you are stronger than you may think. God forbid, if the same thing happened to you again, you WILL survive it. Sometimes life is a bit of a crapshoot. You have to sift through some of the losers before you find the winner.

Good luck to you. I hope it goes well.