+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to introduce my foreign girlfriend to my parents. Any advice?

How to introduce my foreign girlfriend to my parents. Any advice?

I grew up in one of the Southern states under the watch of very traditional parents. They follow traditional practices and beliefs. I have been very careful with the girls that I have introduced to them. With the three girlfriends that they’ve met, only one of them passed their so-called standards. It’s a scary statistic.

My girlfriend is successful career-wise and was raised well by her family. I met her on A Foreign Affair through a friend’s recommendation. I thought I wouldn’t be able to connect with anyone, but I did, and she’s just so amazing. She has a strong sense of family values and also has her own beliefs regarding some traditional things. In hindsight, her personality is very similar with my mom’s. I think my parents would love her once they get to know her.

The problem now is how I would go about introducing her. I have no doubts regarding her character, but my parents are just too traditional. I can't bring her to our home just yet due to our distance. Should I just wait until I can personally introduce her to them?

My parents have been supportive of me and their opinion matters a lot to my decisions in life. I see a good future with my girlfriend, and that's why I want to do anything possible to introduce her to my parents in the best way I can. I want to introduce her the way she deserves and in a way my parents would immediately like her. I need all the help I can get. How do I do it??

How old are you? It's fine if you want your parents to like your girlfriend but if you are an adult, you should make up your own mind. Your parent's opinion shouldn't matter to the point where you are stressing out over it...like what you are doing now. Your girlfriend should act like herself and not pretend to be someone that she isn't because eventually her true self will come out.