+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How messed up is this?

How messed up is this?

Next to my barber, there is a small magic/joke/gag shop. I've been in there a few times. There was a 21 year old boy working there. His father owns the shop. The boy lived in the apartment above the store.

6 weeks ago, while getting my haircut, I listened to that boy talk about fighting. My barber and the boy's family are friendly, so they visit often. He talked about getting in a fight with another boy across the street at Speedway. I could see the hurt in his eyes. This kid had problems. And I thought I could relate. I saw myself in him, when I was that age. I remember wishing for a moment, as I left the barber shop,that I had more time to talk and listen.

2 Days ago, I got my haircut. I asked Bob(my barber) about the kid next door. "So, has there been anymore craziness around here?", is what I said. He knew what I was talking about. He responded by telling me that, 4 weeks ago, the boy had hanged himself in his apartment. That the boy's gf had an abortion, then broke up with him. And then he had called her, left a message, saying his door would be unlocked if she wanted to get her things. Then he took his life. He wanted her to find him. An hour after he was supposed to be at work, his father went to the apartment and HE found him instead.

I couldn't believe it. I felt like I knew the kid, even though I really didn't. And I couldn't stop thinking about what I wished for as I walked outta the barber shop 6 weeks ago(a chance to help). What a loss.
    Sniff first, then scratch.

Oh wow. That is very sad.

That is a very sad story.

Well now this can become the suicide thread...

My husband works in a supervisory position for a government agency, and one of his normally dependable young male employees didn't show up or call for a couple of days, so my husband went to this kid's apartment to do what they call a "well-check". This young guy had gotten drunk and shot himself in the head on Christmas eve. That was bad enough, of course, but equally bad was that my husband had to notify the guy's parents and then counsel with them about it. (The parents didn't want to believe that the kid did it himself because he had no history of depression - they wanted to believe he was murdered.) The parent's grief was so profound and overwhelming, that to this day I curse that guy every year at Christmas for doing this to his family. The family still sends us Christmas cards every year.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My god! All these stories are so sad.. I have never had anyone close to me actually committ suicide but I had one get close to it.

Back in high school I dated this guy for like a year and we ended up getting hooks on drugs. Well after several months of doing this I went into rehab but he didn't. I broke up with him but he would keep showing up at my bedroom window like every night trying to get me to go back and do drugs with him. Well one day after school he called me begging and pleading to see me saying he really needed to talk to someone and that he wanted to stop doing drugs, so I decided to go over to his house only to find him in his bath tub with his wrists slit vertically covered in blood with carvings of my name all over his chest and arms. I called his mom and we took him to the hospital.

The horrible thing is, he never got out of the drugs or got help for his depression. He's not going to live past 30 I know it, but It's a good thing I ahve nothing to do with him anymore!!!!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Way to ruin my Thursday

Thursdays kind of suck anyways.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't mean to ruin anyone's day.. I was just telling stories with everyone else!!

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    Thursdays kind of suck anyways.
    Thursday's rock!

Tone Guest
    I like Thursdays!

Thursdays are a tease. I get all ready for the weekend, thinking it's here and then I realize Crap I have to get up early tomorrow too.

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    Thursdays are a tease. I get all ready for the weekend, thinking it's here and then I realize Crap I have to get up early tomorrow too.
    Thursday's are great; Friday is rookie night/Happy hour nite and the bars are too crowded. Saturdays' are date night, and for those singles, it sucks. Plus, you only have to suffer thru one day of work hungover.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yes, Thursdays are a very good bar night, all though I do have to say Thursday's in Michigan are just as packed as a saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    Thursday's in Michigan are just as packed as a saturday night.
    True; but the crowd is probably more fun on a Thurs.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah, don't have to deal with all the youngin's.. LOL

Yeah, I was going to say Thursdays at the bars here are crowded too and now more people are starting their weekends on Wednesday. So it's crowded on Wednesdays too. There is nothing else to do here, but drink. Plus Lubbock is a dry area so you have to drive outside of the city to buy alcohol making more people go to bars.

It's mainly college kids at the bars here.
    Last edited by Junsui; 28-10-05 at 02:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast