+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How important is the way a guy dresses and his appearance?

How important is the way a guy dresses and his appearance?

This is a question I have been pondering recently, thanks .

It depends. If you are at home, I would say it's not very important.
    If are going for a job interview, I would say so.
    If you are going on a first date, I would say you need to dress appropriate for the venues.

I like men to look neat/clean and shaven for the most part... no holey/ripped clothes, with stains either hahaha... other than that if they dress up once a month I am okay with that, most men look awesome in suits, so they should at least attempt to dress up once and awhile IMO.

I think there's some importance. But it's not that hard. And you can look good with pretty damn minimal effort in terms of clothing.

Honestly with dates, I wear jeans and a nice t-shirt. I just be myself. It's worked out really well for myself always, I can't imagine myself ever going to a date wearing a suit or a button up, unless it was a long term relationship and we just decided to do that for a change, or it was a special occasion. Its just not me.

I think. What's more important is that it fits right, is clean, isn't offensive/vulgar.
    I honestly buy decent t-shirts that are probably $20-30 and wear pretty inexpensive jeans, just levis or whatever.
    The shirt quality does make a difference though, I've bought cheap shirts, and they never fit well, they usually end up never worn so I don't bother with those anymore.

It is worth the investment to make a decent closet though.

Wear what you want, be genuine, as that will make you more confident.

Get a decent haircut, invest in quality cologne and good hair products.
    Literally being a guy is pretty easy, a bottle of cologne lasts forever, pomades or whatever for hair takes 2 minutes.

Personally I think less is more overall. Some women are turned off by men that invest too much time in their appearance.
    And the women that want me to wear $200 pants, well, they probably aren't my type of woman anyways.

I know this stuff is subjective which is why I think the ultimate aspect should be to dress to your liking. What appeals to you, what you think a woman would find attractive.
    Be who you want to be. I've spoken to women who love men with beards, women who hate beards, women who love more casual men, women who like dapper looking guys or whatever. It's endless.

However, I've never met a woman who likes men wearing crocs, patchy beards, fedoras, etc.
    Just use common sense.

I mean. You can rock a Star Wars shirt and still make it look good.
    The image composed as a whole is what's the most important part of dressing well in my opinion.
    Last edited by GLYC; 13-12-17 at 04:32 PM.