+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friends with benefits

Friends with benefits

Have you ever been friends eith benefits before? If so, how did it end?

Kind of.
    Once I was with a guy where it was nothing serious. We both knew it from the very beginning, because I was temporarily staying in a different country and was gonna go back in a few months and he wasn't looking for anything serious at that time and it was a win win situation for both of us. So we never loved each other or anything, but still ended up staying together for 3 years. I ended it and he cried then. Said he did love me on some level. After a few years we are once again talking to each other and staying in contact.

Another time it was only for a couple of months with a different guy. But only he knew that it was just friends with benefits and never intended for it to go anywhere. And I really liked him and developed feelings for him and was hurt after a couple of months when he got a new girlfriend. Wasn't totally crushed, but was hurt for awhile. Never told him about that and we are good friends now and i am totally ok.

Now I think I am in a similar situations. He told me after a couple weeks of dating that he's not falling in love for me and isn't sure he ever will and if we were together it would be awesome, but would end in a few months. So i later told him I am not fine with some nonsence just for sex, so we agreed to be together but take it easy and chill and see what happens. Though it feels more like we are not together sometimes. Though when we spend time together it is always a great time and feels amazing and not like we're just together for sex. But I am afraid I will develop feelings for him sooner than he will for me (if he ever will) so I am thinking about ending it. Also we are coworkers, what puts even more pressure and makes it more complicated...

Why would you want to know this?