+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Old Flame reached out to say he still had feelings, then went MIA. Advice?

Old Flame reached out to say he still had feelings, then went MIA. Advice?

I think everyone has that one person who they will never get over. Unfinished business or what have you. I dated a man a few years ago who definitely holds this place. He’s that one person who I always run into, always am connected to in strange ways. We’ve never really been completely out of touch. We ended abruptly after a very passionate short relationship.

Two nights ago, he messaged me Happy New Year and the conversation went to a place I was honestly shocked about. He basically told me that he thinks about our time together frequently, wishes we had worked things out, misses me and threw lots of compliments my way. I told him I feel the exact same way. The conversation ended because it was late at night and it was time for bed.

The next day, I reached out asking if he was still living in the area, which he replied he was. I then I sent him a song that reminds me him all the time. We did this often when dating. He replied saying he loves that song, but that’s all. I liked his reply, and he liked my like and I let it go.

I’m currently going through a divorce and the last I heard he was dating a woman. I’m not sure if he is currently single or not, but I am confused why he would reach out and basically tell me he still has feelings for me and then just stop talking to me? Way to open a can of worms I haven't had to deal with in awhile LOL

Did I read into this too much? Do people just have to get things like this off their chest and don’t mean it to go anywhere?

FYI we are both in our 30’s and both have children from other people.

I do think people say these things to get it off their chest. Unless he says he is interested in getting back together, I wouldn't read too much into it. If you are interested, just tell him and see what he says. I do think people should be more responsible when they say these things. Don't say them unless you want to get back together.

SO he came to you and you had a nice chat about his feelings and you let it die out

And now you wonder what he thinks?

His reply wasn't really something I could have followed up with further conversation. When a conversation doesn't seem to be progressing on both ends, I take it as disinterest.

- - - Updated - - -

Very good point, thank you!

What do you want?