+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What Should I do?

What Should I do?

I have feelings for my best friend. We've been friends for 10 years. He doesn't know that I have feelings for him and the reason I haven't told him is because he is gay and I am a single straight woman.
    My feelings for him are emotional. I know that we will never have a boyfriend/girlfriend status. I'm happy with having a best friend status. We are very close. We've spend our free time together. He usually calls me all the time. He decorated my apartment. We sing in the same choir. We've even travel and sleep in the same hotel rooms. I feel very very good when I'm with him.
    However, my situation with him changed last summer when he graduated from grad school. After his graduation, he started spending less and less time with me. He hardly calls me and we've been pretty much seeing each other during choir rehearsals and hanging out once in a blue moon. I'm very concerned about his sudden change in behavior. I've address my concerns to him, but he gives me vague responses.
    I don't know what to do. I know he is not in a relationship and he hasn't been in a relationship during the last 6 years. I've been hanging out with my other friends, but I feel his void. I don't want to lose him. I feel like I am nothing without him. I'm feeling empty. None of my friends know that I have feelings for him. Should I tell him the truth?

Since there won't be a future with you guys dating, go ahead and tell him the truth.

I would not have put it like that but
    Hell yeah.
    The what if’s
    The I should’ve or anything are the worst bits to deal with.
    Be true
    Friends are true with each other and he deserves to know

Maybe he isn’t that gay after all