+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Letters from a prison inmate

Letters from a prison inmate

So it seems that my girlfriend has been receiving letters from an ex of hers in prison, these letters are of a extremely sexual nature. I have read one of these letters and found that she had visited him sometime ago, but I'm not sure whether it was while we were together or not, furthermore I know that from the letters she is sent him pictures and they speak on the phone. I know it was a breach of privacy reading these letters of hers, but after reading them I am completely floored and Confused as to what to do. Any advice would help on what to do.

Confront her about it.

It honestly sounds like a huge nest of drama waiting to happen. A good woman would have cut that guy completely out of her life (afterall, he's in prison, you don't exactly go to prison for petty things). Plus, she's with you now, so why is she talking with exes and stuff behind your back?

I would probably pull the plug, but that's just me. This just screams so many future red flags, and I don't have time or room for all this drama are this point in my life.

Thank you, I appreciate it, I guess I just needed somebody else to say it.

I agree with GYLC. You can confront her about it, but nothing good is going to come out of it. She will say it's invasion of privacy. Or she is not doing anything wrong. Even if she tells you she won't do it again, can you really trust her?

I would dump the girl after this. How can you trust her again after this. Say something like - keep having that relationship with your "ex" Im not going to be part of it, bye bye.
    Sure easier said that done but really this girl have proven to you that you cant trust her. So stay together and live in paranoia, constantly doubting or just start fresh with new girl.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Think she is sending him pictures and talking on the phone. This is a no go for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmann6400 View Post
    Thank you, I appreciate it, I guess I just needed somebody else to say it.
    No problem, it always helps stepping back from a situation, analyze it as if you were giving advice to a friend that's in your situation.

Best wishes man.

What disturbs me most is that you don’t come to this conclusion on your own.

Are you a man to be true to what he needs and expects? Are you true to your woman so you can talk with everything about her? Are you able to grasp, Analyse and communicate your own emotions?
    Can you make decisions on your own?
    Are you good in bed? ( you can pm me if you don’t want to discuss this „in public“)
    Do you treat your woman for the female person she is and seduce her at times?

My guess is that to most of the above you’d have to say no.
    If so we can discuss it if you want