+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Older gf is signing divorce papers in her home country

Older gf is signing divorce papers in her home country

Let me make this brief.
    Started seeing an amazing women who I eventually found out was older than me by 7 years- 25 to 32 to me is no problem.

Things started good, enjoyed our time, 1 month in one night she started crying a lot and said listen... I'm going through a divorce (separated 2 years ago and live in different countries) and il understand if you don't want me anymore. I replied its fine its my choice in dating some1 older... The ex doesn't know about me as they don't really speak at all

The ex is 10 years older they were together for 10 years, has a good career but they spent 5 days apart a week. Both are from mexico. Both didn't want kids then she did, he did not so eventually after. things started falling apart so they tried moving full time together it didn't help, and during a break they had he told her he was booking a vasectomy. So they decided it was better to split

Back to us, about 1 month in shortly after the divorce talk she offered for me to go to Mexico for 2 weeks to travel, in month 3 (January) 1 week before leaving on our trip the ex called saying lawyer is looking for dates end of January/feb. On the last few days of our holiday he contacted her saying he has a date for the 25th in another city in mexico... 2 days after we would leave Mexico which we both didn't expect to happen

SO now I'm back at home 2 days before she signs. She is staying at the ex's family house in their city where they have to sign the papers and get remaining stuff she left (I find it weird but she assures me its cause they are like family - the ex stayed at her parents house on travel while they are separated)
    SO my troubles are
    Staying at the exs house, she assumes he will stay at the brothers house not there but isn't sure which makes me worry.

She has confessed early in our relationship doubts that if she was just patient and waited for his promotion so he had more time for her and didn't ask for kids they might not of divorced in which I confessed I feel I may be a rebound but she assured me that after 2 years separated things wouldn't fix between them and she didn't want that.

she offered to fly back with me then return to mexcio next day to sign, I replied it was silly and selfish of me to ask that so she said how about I return the 27th 2 days after the signing so I can back old stuff I said perfect. Now shes unsure and is considering saying till the 29th... in the ex's parents house in which I feel weird already about.

Should I be worried that her being in a familiar place, ex maybe there will reignite feelings ? Should I tell her how I feel about this again as I feel she doesn't think its as strange as I do but I also don't want to pressure her and push her away from me either. she signs tomorrow...
    Ill add we are communicating at night when shes going to bed as no data outside of home and sometimes during the day
    Any help is appreciated

So this Woman gets divorced to stay with you and travels to Mexico for that and she offered for you to come too and

Sorry what exactly is the problem again?