+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone

Let me start off by saying hello to everyone. My name is Richard. You can call me Rich if you like.

I signed on your forum in the hopes that someone could give me some advice or at least steer me in the right direction. I have kind of a problem and I'm not exactly sure how to handle it.

To come right to the point, I fell in love with my friend. We have been friends for close to a year, but I fell in love with her a few months ago. I try to keep it suppressed, but that doesn't really seem to work. Here is some background ... I have been hurt in the past. About seven years ago, I had another friend that I fell in love with and I told her how I felt. From that point on, things were not the same and it all became weird. She also became distant to the point where she eventually stopped talking to me all together. Because of that incident, I kept my distance from female friends as well as keeping my feelings in check.

This seemed to work for me for quite a while. At least until a few month ago when that went right out the window. This brings me to the present. As cliché as this sounds, it's true. She is the first though when I wake up and my last thought before going to sleep.

A few months ago, I asked her about dating (in a round about way) and she (more or less) she likes being friends. At the time, that was just fine with me. But I think that once I figure out I loved her more then a friend, it was already too late. Now, on one hand the logical thing to do is keep my mouth shut and not ruin a good thing. But on the other hand, it eats me up inside that I keep this bottled up from her. Also, I keep thinking that if I don't say anything, I would regret it because I would not know for sure if she feels the same way. Now I don't think she knows how I feel, but I believe she suspects.

Anyhow, I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone help me with this? Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

I can not help you with your problem but never the less welcome to the forums Rich and I hope you enjoy your stay. I can not help you because I do not know how it is possible to fall for you friend. I believe strictly only in love at first sight.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Welcome to the boards Rich! I don't think there is really anything you can do. You said you asked her about dating before and she said she likes being friends. There's your answer to how she feels.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Welcome Rich! Well you said you asked her in a round about way and she said she likes being friends. hmm, I think she's happy with the way things are between you two but it depends on how you asked her too. At this point, I think you have to weigh out whether it's worth it to tell her your feelings and possibly lose a friend or try and handle your emotions and maintain your friendship.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!