+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Depressed girlfriend. Don’t know what to do

Depressed girlfriend. Don’t know what to do

I’m struggling right now with my girlfriend. The last time we talked she said she that she thinks that she’s depressed. I asked her why she thinks she does because she doesn’t look like she is, but I can never be too sure. I don’t know how to respond to her or deal with her without hurting her feelings.

I care about her and her state. She’s my first girlfriend after that failed relationship with someone I met during one of those foreign matchmaking socials. I feel so helpless when she has these “episodes.” I need some advice on how I can help out my girl. We’re currently looking for therapists in Michigan area. Can someone suggest a good but not so expensive one? I would really appreciate your help.

Sure I can suggest. Theres a therapist on 7 cups. You can choose from them and cost is like 150$ per month. They reply ussualy on working days 1-2 times a day. But you can write unlimited and anytime to them. Actually pretty good value since you have time to think and express without rush when normaly session is like 150$ per hour face to face.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I've suggested her to see a professional but she doesn't want to. She believes what ever she's feeling is her ''own problem'' that she can handle. is there anything I can do to convince her? or even comfort her when she has these episodes?

Depression is a serious illness
    However for women to have „episodes“ is quite normal. :-)
    It’s their hormones getting mixed up with ovaluatiob circle (I hope that’s the correct word here)
    Also the pill or other hormone/ovaluation medication could influence this.
    She should speak to a good woman’s doctor (don’t know the word for this one!) about that.

Have her talk to her doctor about thyroid issues and vitamin d deficiency. When I lived in NY, my vitamin d would drop extremely low in the winter time. And it caused severe depression.