+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One for the Women: Compliments

One for the Women: Compliments

Ok, I just have a quick question. What do women prefer to be complimented on? Your looks? Or personality?

Hey, I'm not a woman but I'm pretty sure they'd like a bit of both

Both, but only if they are genuine compliments. Don't try to bullsh*t us. Say only what you really mean...

anything as long as you mean it
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

I agree - anything and everything, as long as its sincere.

Funny story: there was a time after my divorce that I really loathed the shallow comments about my appearance. I was going through that phase of not dating and being sick with men, you know.

Anyway, I finally started dating a "nice guy" and a month or so into it we became intimate. We were having this really hot moment and he was kissing me and I was feeling like a goddess... and he pulls back with his hair all mussed and that lovesick look in his eyes and he says "Do you know what I love most about you?"... and I say "what's that?" with a goofy grin...

- and he says "You're brain".

And I have to admit - at that very moment in time, I was offended

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A compliment is always nice.... But it has to be truthful....not some cheesy pick up line....

If you compliment someone......just make sure its because you truly feel that way....

I like being complimented on my personality as well as my looks..
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Quote Originally Posted by independent
    Whaaa?! Mein Gott! Considering the task at hand, this guy, obviously, had his head up the entirely wrong orifice.
    Speak less. Say more.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yea I would agree, as long as your sincere in your compliments then it doesn't matter. But I don't think specific attributes about the body will work on too many females.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unity
    Ok, I just have a quick question. What do women prefer to be complimented on? Your looks? Or personality?
    Looks. It takes me so damn long to get the makeup on and the hair just right. We women are higher maintenance, so for me, I like to be complimented on my appearance.

On the other hand, looks definitely won't last (as misombra once said, we will all end up with wrinkly @sses) and it is nice to know you are valued for something that lasts...

Its just cuz I was thinking you know, a lot of women spend hours on their looks, but a lot of women have confidence and self esteem isues too. Is doing all this effort to cover your self up not an effort to hide how you feel? As if "I don't feel a good person inside and my personality sucks, so I have to make an effort on the looks to impress someone"? Cuz if that is the case, would you not rather be complimented on who you really are and not what you mould your self into? Pretty random thought really.

Oh, thanks for your responses btw.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know myself I don't spend all that time getting ready to cover something up. I do it because I want to feel good about myself and when I'm done I'm confident that I look how I feel. And I don't think woman look at it as though they are covering up anything or making a mold to hide behind.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Nope, make up doesnt mean that to me either. In fact, I feel plenty confident and content without it.

I fix up to go out because that's the standard - to be at your best in the company of others. That means visually AND in every other way.

Besides, it's FUN to look good

One day my GF asked me what it was about her that attracted me to her. I said a few things then and there, but ended up writing a letter to her listing these things. It ended up being "102 things I love about you" and it gets added to every day. There were things about her body, things she did, and her personality.

That would have to be the worst thing I ever heard... So lame, I would have been offended too. Just purely from the lack of imagination.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    I do it because I want to feel good about myself and when I'm done I'm confident that I look how I feel.
    I not criticising, but to me it sounds like you don't fell good about your self unless you wear makeup. So why do you need to make an effort to feel good about your self? Would you not rather be complimented on something that wouldn't require you to need makeup to feel good about your self?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast