+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: friends and looks

friends and looks

If one of your friends asked you a serious question about the way they looked would you be honest and tell them the truth? I can't say anything bad about my friends even if they ask me if they look over weight or something like that. I don't like it when my friends ask me questions like that because i feel it puts me on the spot and how can I be honest I would be hurting their feelings. what do you say to your friends?

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It depends on the person and how they would take things, but that's always a difficult thing to answer. For the most part I'm honest but I'm not brutally honest.. I try to turn the negative things into positives.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Just be honest but dont push it either , say things that are sincere but not in a mean way like " YA you ARE fat !!!" ... more like" well , your a bit overwheight , but your still alright, your no Yokozuna , just if you lost some more ... "

Tell your friend that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and have her look around at all the ugly people who are still married. Ultimately, looks aren't that important. Every pot has a lid.

"Every pot has a lid." That's a new one on me. What the hell does it mean?

Chelsee: I'd wonder why they wanted to know. And would probably say, "Why do you ask?"
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsee
    If one of your friends asked you a serious question about the way they looked would you be honest and tell them the truth? I can't say anything bad about my friends even if they ask me if they look over weight or something like that. I don't like it when my friends ask me questions like that because i feel it puts me on the spot and how can I be honest I would be hurting their feelings. what do you say to your friends?
    you're not hurting them, they're your friends they will ask you cus they trust you, and who else would you expect them to ask?
    if i was you id be honest.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd want my friends to be honest, so I try to be as honest as possible with them. But say, if my friend is overweight, instead of saying "You look fat in those pants" I would say "We need to find some pants that flatter you a bit more - I don't like those particular ones on you." There's ways to be honest without being hurtful.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I'd probably be honest but I would offer constructive suggestions on how they could improve.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Guys will always tell other guys the truth, cause that's what guys do. Guys will always tell girls they look good, b/c 1) we're scared of them and 2) we want to get in their pants.

lol Lloyd

I would say the same as Hayward. I would want to know why they were asking.
    Last edited by Junsui; 07-11-05 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Guys will always tell other guys the truth, cause that's what guys do. Guys will always tell girls they look good, b/c 1) we're scared of them and 2) we want to get in their pants.
    And for good reason...
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    And for good reason...
    :-)
    Yea, and that reason is because when they're mad we can't....

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    2) ...get in their pants.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

This question is tricky and comes down to factors of trust. If its some random person then you say they look wonderful.

If its a good friend of yours that really trusts your opinion you can't hurt them by saying negative things because you can reassure them at the same time that you are their friend and you really care. Because you care you will offer ways in which your friends can improve the way they look. You must offer support and encouragement if you really think your friend can benefit from a change you suggest.

Me and my mates always speak up when somebody in the pack isnt scrubbed up properly for a night out. Examples "that shirt is crap" or "go gel your hair dude" and "you have something in your teeth".

Where would we be without our mates pointing out the things we don't see?

I had a classmate say that he confused me with some dingus in my class. That got me to thinking that night exactly how I'm percieved. I saw some similarities between me and this guy but not so much to be mixed up with him. I guess if I really wanted to know how I was seen by others I'd appreciate honesty. Anyone who would plead for an honest answer and get pissy when they got one isn't really looking for anything but an affirmation.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Tone Guest
    Yup, like so many people who post here, Zekk.

They ask for opinions and thoughts, then when someone says anything contrary to what they want to hear they throw a fit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast