+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it good to date on a vacation?

Is it good to date on a vacation?

I’ve heard stories about how people found their “soulmate” while on some adventure of a lifetime. It makes me wonder if the general thought of dating while on a vacation is actually a good idea. If I’m being honest, I’m actually considering doing that. I could download Tinder or any other dating app and just find someone I can match with wherever I’m visiting. In retrospect, it’s no different from those expensive dating holiday tours. What about you guys? What’s your opinion on this matter? Should I or should I not date someone while on a vacation? Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by steve33 View Post
    I’ve heard stories about how people found their “soulmate” while on some adventure of a lifetime. It makes me wonder if the general thought of dating while on a vacation is actually a good idea. If I’m being honest, I’m actually considering doing that. I could download Tinder or any other dating app and just find someone I can match with wherever I’m visiting. In retrospect, it’s no different from those expensive dating holiday tours. What about you guys? What’s your opinion on this matter? Should I or should I not date someone while on a vacation? Would you?
    I would. Actualy i done that few times, and it was great

If you're the type of person who'd go out and actually LOOK FOR love, instead of letting love find you, I will not recommend doing it on a vacation, considering that if you find your match, you'll be in a long distance relationship. If the chance of finding your match is the same at home, why not do it at home instead?

But about allowing yourself to fall in love, then that's a different story. My first and only girlfriend so far was from Kenya, and I am from Denmark, a country up north in Europe. I was on a long educational vacation to Kenya, when I met her towards the end of my stay. After chatting and video-calling her for months at home, we agreed to be in a relationship. One month after we officially agreed to be in a relationship, I traveled down to Kenya to be with her for three weeks. What happened next, is a long and complicated story. In short, I was betrayed, and you can read about that by looking at one of the threads I have posted about it. But I still learned a lot about long distance relationships, regardless of whoever it might be you meet. It's kind of tough not to be physically together with your girlfriend for a long time, but for as long as she is available to you on the phone, and you can have some great video-calls, then you'll both be happy anyways. However, as soon as there is trouble, or if you don't trust her loyalty, it can become extremely frustrating, because you have no control over the situation, because you live so far away. But that shouldn't stop you from falling in love. If you fall in love, go for it. It doesn't matter where that other person lives.
    The distance means nothing when two people know that they belong together!

But if you have a choice between looking for love far away, and looking for love close to your home, then I think it would make more sense to look for love close to your home. It should be pretty obvious...

Last edited by Zachi; 08-05-18 at 04:39 AM.

Talks about Dating rules. Though he thinks that every relationship comes with different rules, there still are some that apply to everyone equally, some rules you should definitely put on a check list if you’re looking for the right kind of romance.
    Last edited by ananthiM; 09-05-18 at 12:15 PM. Reason: linked not accepted