+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Good first date??

Good first date??

So last night I went on a first date with a guy I met through pof. However, as always I am a naturally anxious person, so I was going to see if y'all thought this date went well. I know you guys weren't there so you won't know 100% but any feedback is good feedback.

So we met at topgolf which is this really fun/ nice place here in town. Get to shoot golf balls at targets, and they have a really nice bar inside etc etc.

So he gets there I am a little early. We sit and chat for a bit, have a few drinks.While waiting for our game to be set up. It seemed fine lots of laughing, and whatnot didn't feel awkward. No hints of anyone wanting to play the "omg my friend has a emergency gotta go" card quite yet.

Then we start playing golf; we had a little friendly competition. That is where I felt like it was beginning to feel a little awkward. Not talking as much, but not to the point to where it wasnt enjoyable anymore. We got a little bit more touchy at the end of the game.

I was wanting to go downtown afterwards, he didn't seem too into it, but we did opt to go to another bar across the street. We didn't drink just chatted a little bit. He was looking at me ALOT the whole night. Maybe to the point of staring but yeah ALOT I remember keep saying why do you keep looking at me like lol. He states, ok I am ready to go it was pretty much midnight so I understand that it as late but it did kind of catch me off guard ( he stated that if was past his "bed time" even though he told me he took a nap, and I was like bull crap jokingly. He was like well we can just hang at my place, but I didn't want to do that so I didn't say anything. He invited me to his place the day before our first day but again didn't really want to). We walk back to my car he puts his arm around me for a second.

I asked him if he wants to hang out again while driving back to get to his car, and he said yes but we didn't make any plans. The good bye was a long hug, and I went in for a kiss that wasn't even a kiss like a half peck if you can even imagine that. I joke, what was that?? And he was like you want another one? So I walk over there he places his hands on my face, and we have a better one.

I guess I am insecure because one what if he didn't want to kiss which is why it was like a half kiss, two hes been on his online profile today, and three he hasn't texted since then like thank you for coming out or whatever. He did pay for my drinks/game. I paid for the food or it would of ended up him paying for a 150 dollar date ( some people are confused with this part I didn't pay for the date I just paid for the food which was like 15 bucks because I didn't want him having to pay like 150 bucks).

What do you guys think? Should I text him and thank him or just wait a little bit?

When a guy keeps asking to hang out at his place....darling he was just looking for sex not a relationship. Don't wait for this guy to call you because I bet money on it he is complaining to his friends that he blew almost $150 bucks on a date and didn't get a happy ending.

Wait for the date where you really hit it off, lose track of time, and he asks to see you again, walks you to your door and texts you later how much he enjoyed your date and is looking forward to seeing you again. A real gentleman.

This is what I always tell people....if it doesn't feel right, then it's not.....and GF I have been on plenty of dates to know what doesn't feel right.