+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I give back her gifts?

Should I give back her gifts?

Everytime I see the things my ex-girlfriend gave me, the pain keeps coming back. I hate how I remember her in every little thing. I was thinking about sending her gifts back to her. It’s going to be quite a number but if it’s the right thing, then so be it. I don’t know if this is the right thing to do, though.

Aside from the things she gave me, I still have some of her things too. She left it here during those times that she visited. Should I send her gifts back with her stuff? If I should, does anyone know how much the shipping fee is for US to Costa Rica? She’s in Costa Rica, the place where we originally met through some latin dating singles tours. It just hurts seeing these memorabilias of her.

Do send her belongings back. You can return any gifts she gave you. A cheaper option would be to either throw the gifts away or donate them. If you can't do that, pack them in a box. Tape the box shut . . . I mean really tape it so it's difficult to reopen. Then stash the box in the attic or deepest closet you have & don't re-open it for a least a year. When you do, keep or sell anything of value & throw out the rest. You will be ready after the acute pain passes.

Singles tour

I suggest not to return them. Throw them into trash can and forget all things past. Sending things back to her is a useless idea. Just let her and everything go away~

Quote Originally Posted by DalM0m View Post
    Do send her belongings back. You can return any gifts she gave you. A cheaper option would be to either throw the gifts away or donate them. If you can't do that, pack them in a box. Tape the box shut . . . I mean really tape it so it's difficult to reopen. Then stash the box in the attic or deepest closet you have & don't re-open it for a least a year. When you do, keep or sell anything of value & throw out the rest. You will be ready after the acute pain passes.
    I would really need a lot of boxes. lol. But it's a good idea. I think I can seal the boxes and leave them in my parents' house. I don't go there often anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jay2665 View Post
    I suggest not to return them. Throw them into trash can and forget all things past. Sending things back to her is a useless idea. Just let her and everything go away~
    I think I should just donate them rather than throwing everything in the trash. Getting rid of all these things will help me forget about her and us, right?

I am going through a thing, she drove me out along a deserted highway, not speaking to me the whole way.
    to go back a year she said she would NEVER kick me to the kurb,,, well the car stopped, I got out, I said unblock me in your phone, I will get back in and we go down the road together, she just stared out the windshield, I slammed the door and she drove off and left me.... I am not asking for my stuff or any gifts I sent, she never gave me any so,,,

yes get rid of it,,,quit looking at her stuff...Go out with a friend,,,eat,, do something YOU like,
    I treated myself to a new amplifier,, sounds great, too bad she will never hear it.
    Last edited by Old Guy; 18-04-18 at 07:17 AM.

How much of her stuff do you have? I'm not talking stuff she gave you but her actual belongings. Those are the things I think you need to return. You can't dispose of somebody else's property unless she gives you written permission.