+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Medication, Arrousal, Lubrication, and Tightness.. Medical opinions appreciated.

Medication, Arrousal, Lubrication, and Tightness.. Medical opinions appreciated.

While I'm sure I'm not likely to find a Ph.D. in psychological drugs here.. I might find some people who work in counseling or the like, or just some smart or experienced individuals.

My girlfriend "Sue" and I have been sexually active for three months. She has not been able to have an orgasm in this time, and when sex lasts more than three to five minutes (consistent physical contact) she has recently been getting suddenly very dry and tight to the point where we have to stop.

She is taking Paxil (a prescription drug for depression) and among it's side effects, sexual disfunction is mentioned.

Does anyone know what if anything we can do to have better sex? We both want to be able to have a very healthy and normal sex life in spite of her medicaiton. Any ideas/ opinions?
    Just my 2c!
    -Argile

I was once on a new drug called Strattera but had an immensley hard time getting hard or keeping an erection and most of the time I wouldn't be in the mood at all to even try to get aroused and if I forced it then it stung a lot when I came. I was told that it was normal and might be a temporary reaction to the drugs while I got used to it. I was told that if after two weeks the symptoms continued then that would mean they were just going to be side effects of the drug. They kept on so I stopped taking the pills. That's really the only way to completely stop the sexual side effects.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Most anit-depressent drugs have sexual side effects.IF she is taking them for awhile, my suggestion is to get a bottle of lube. Most of thoses types of drus just have sexual affects.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

I'm on alot, of drugs for deppresion, and yes it can have sexual side effects. When I was first going on them. I very rarly thought of sex, but, after awhile I became used to them and then it was back to normal for me I don't know how they can affect girls though.