+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Me and my girlfriend , financial & emotional situations around her job

Me and my girlfriend , financial & emotional situations around her job

I met a lovely woman socially through a meetup group late last year. We enjoyed the event and really hit it off. We saw each other fairly regularly over the course of a few months through this group, and continued to enjoy our time together and build our friendship with a lot of shared interests.

I told her earlier this year the way I felt about her, and we started seeing each other pretty much as friends with benefits. After a month or so I asked her to be my girlfriend, and she said yes, but said she had something she had to tell me.

On and off for the past 5 years, she told me her main form of employment has been working in an adult massage shop where she gives massages/body slides/ happy endings and was earning many thousands of dollars a week tax free. She has hated the work from what she has told me, and has being seeing a psychologist but feels traped from her lack of formal education and real work in previously doing bar work, etc.

She however gave it up at the beginning of our relationship and I've helped her out a little financially, while she's been looking for alternative employment. No other job yet. She went back to her home country for a month to see her Dad who is quite sick and got back last week. Mid-way through the trip, she told me she needs to send $2,000 a month back to her Dad for health related expenses and is going to have to go back to work to do this.

My feelings for this woman have developed a lot over the course of the past 10 months but that kind of shocked me but I kind of understand her reasoning to do this for her father.

However, I now feel kind of trapped in whether she expects me to help her with this $2,000 a month and the thought of her going back to work and doing this sort of job kind of sickens me. If I'd known about this last year or knew she would go back, I probably wouldn't have started anything, but with where we're at now, I feel emotionally connected to her and really like it. My thoughts are just totally clouded with the whole situation.

I'm not sure what it is I'm asking here, but any thoughts/comments feel free to offer. It's not something I feel I can share with any close friends or family obviously.

Just me but, if she HAD to do that kind of work and hated it, the solution would have been to use that income to get an education so she could get herself out of that situation....but she didn't. That should tell you how she is as a person. She ain't no victim here, she created this herself. Many women, even single moms seem to manage to get themselves out of financial straights without selling their body for money.

There is a solution....stay out of it. Wish her luck and move on.
    Last edited by smackie09; 13-07-18 at 10:50 PM.

What do you want?

TBH I think you are being duped into giving money. Don't fall for it.

Let me guess...she's really hot and someone this hot in the past never gave you the time of day.