+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Major advice needed about a girl!

Major advice needed about a girl!

First of all, I need to tell you about my predicament. I met this one girl about two years ago, but didn't become friends with her until a little over a year ago. I have liked her for about eight months now, but cant say anything for a few reasons. First, I have never hade a girlfriend before, so I don't know how to aproch her. Another problem is that she isn't allowed to date tell she is 16, with is about nine months from now. Also, she is moving to Italy a few months before she turns 17, just to move back for college. I am 95% sure she likes me like I like her, but I just can't tell her. I really need some help!

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Turak
    I have liked her for about eight months now, but cant say anything for a few reasons.
    Well you're never going to know for one reason: yourself.

So, i should approch her. But like I said, I have no idea how to say it. I have never had a girlfriend before.

Tone Guest
    So will that be your excuse for the rest of your life? You shouldn't approach someone because you never have had a girlfriend?

Break the mold.

I guess my main problem is I am to nervous to say anything. Any advice on how to tell her?

Junior high is tough, and the social pressure is even rougher.

Can you drive? Do you have a car? Your own place?

Your relationship is going to be limited, and constrained to the bounds by which you are in. Just ask her if she wants to be your girlfriend, and pass notes, sit together at lunch, and talk on the phone at night. Dance at the school dances, and buy her a Christmas present.

I am sure she cannot date until she is 16, but would that preclude her from inviting you to her house for dinner? Or doing things with her family. Trust me, if dad likes you, he will be more then happy to drive you to love birds to a movie, and pick you up when it is over.
    HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Turak
    I guess my main problem is I am to nervous to say anything. Any advice on how to tell her?

At your age, the setting, I would write her a note, or a letter.

The only down side to this is that paper has a life, she WILL show all her girlfriends, but out of enthusiasm, not laughter. If it is not received well, I mean she is not interested, she will show her friends anyway. Just so they know that she has boys interested in her. If you are friends, and you know her well, she will not take any steps to embarrass you.

Reflecting on my past, I don't think I ever had a girl that was just a "friend". My friends were all guys. I was certainly friendly to girls, sat by them, talked to then, joked with them, but never had one that I hung out with by myself.

I always had a "girlfriend".

So at 30, my advice may be dated.

Ever heard of Motley Crew?
    HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Try this: "Hey, -------, what would you say if I were to ask you on a date?"
    You could use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevetteracer
    Reflecting on my past, I don't think I ever had a girl that was just a "friend". My friends were all guys. I was certainly friendly to girls, sat by them, talked to then, joked with them, but never had one that I hung out with by myself.

I always had a "girlfriend".
    Why am I not surprised to hear this?
    Speak less. Say more.

I agree. I said "Hey want to go get something to eat and see a movie this weekend?" recently. It worked wonders.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Why am I not surprised to hear this?

I knew I would not be able to troll that out behind the boat very long?

Not that I would not have had a friend that was a girl, but tuning race cars, football, work, hunting, fishing, mostly involved the guys.
    Last edited by Bluevetteracer; 11-11-05 at 01:37 PM.
    HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

Hey, look... I've been quoted!
    :-)

Thanks for all the advice. I will try, key word try, to muster up the courage to do something.