+ Follow This Topic

Thread: one ended open relationship

one ended open relationship

this girl i'm seeing has just gotten out of a 3yr relationship, and i've actually entered her life a month b4 their break up, as friends. I didnt let her cheat on her man cause, i'd lose respect for her if she did. Well after they broke up, we hooked up a week later, sex was great . After several weeks of that, I needed to know where we stood, for I recall her saying "i dont have sex w/ a guy unless i can claim them as my bf". Since she just got out of her long relationship, she wanted to keep this an "open but with rules relationship", her meaning: can see other people but no sex with them. well just the other day she goes to see her ex (2 mos after break up) and she ends up sleeping together w/ him. She felt guilty and admitted it to me the next morning, after realizing the sex and emotional relations with him was no where comparable to me. I was hurt, but didnt throw a fit, cause i'm trying to be mature about the situation that we actually do not owe each other any thing. Well i told her that its ok for me to go sleep with my ex then? off course she said "no". How do i tell her that either she'll have to be exclusive with me (which is what i really want ) or accept the fact i'm going to make this a fair open relationship?

I know i can just go do it with other people for f*cks sake, and not tell her, but we were friends first, and have been totally honest about everything. I dont want to start lying and holding out info, cuz that'll lead to more deceit, which is not what i want.

She felt guilty and admitted it to me the next morning, after realizing the sex and emotional relations with him was no where comparable to me. I was hurt, but didnt throw a fit, cause i'm trying to be mature about the situation that we actually do not owe each other any thing
    She's on the rebound after a long term relationship and cheated on you with her ex, and you still want to be with her?

This relationship is going to cause you alot of heartache, headache and pain. Might, I suggest get the hell away from this woman? You'll be better off without her.

Well it is an open relationship, and the break up just did happen between her and her ex... i've been in a break up after a 2yr relationship and had sex witht the ex for 6 months... does it sound like i'm making excuses for her?