+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: issue with communication

Advice please

Me and my girlfriend have been going out for quite some time now and we both love each other very much. we want to get married in the future. she means the world to me. we seem perfect together and she will often call me perfect. i write her poetry constantly which she adores and my gift is using my words to express my emotions, i want to use that skill to persue a career, but she on the other hand cannot express her emotions at all and is terrible with words. the deepest thing i can get out of her is "i love you". i really dont know where to go from this please help.
    Last edited by skrat28; 16-11-05 at 12:38 PM.

Some girls just can't express themselves very well. Same as for some guys. My best friend is like this. Her ex used to bother her all of the time to share her feelings more and it just pissed her off. Usually you just have to accept that part of them. I can't really think of anything you can do to make her more expressive.

You can't dump her just because she can't express herself in words. I mean you can, but it's pretty ridiculous. Maybe she's "right brained", or whichever side is the math/science/logic side. I'm that way. Everytime I try to express myself in words, it comes out something like this:

I dig you,
    You're cute as hell,
    whenever I see you
    You make me 'swell'.

See?
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Why would you want to have someone who expresses themselves EXACTLY as you do? Besides, if she wrote poetry as well as you, you might become competitive. Do yourself a favor, and learn to appreciate people as they are. It isn't the words that matter - it is all about the way she treats you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95

I dig you,
    You're cute as hell,
    whenever I see you
    You make me 'swell'.
    Aww, that's so romantic!!

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with all the posts above. She's just doesn't sound like she can express herslef as easily as you do. Instead, watch her actions. There's a lot people say with their body without even saying a word. If you really love her and want to be with her, this is something you will have to accept about her.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

the thing is she keeps on telling me that she has all these emotions and really wants to express them she just cant come out and say it. it bugs her more than it bugs me and im wondering also if i should sorta back off a little. we get along very well and almost never argue, i just sometimes feel like i have no idea what she is thinking.
    whetever makes you happy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well then maybe you can find ways to help her. Ask her what the problem is really? Like if it's that she can't think of the words she wants to use? or If it's becasue she's afraif of letting her guard down. If it's the seocnd one than I think you guys ahve to work together on communication and reassure her it's ok to tell her how you feel. Start up a deep conversationa nd help her through it.

she doesnt understand me when i go and talk about the things i am thinking, deep conversation wise. she has never had an extensive vocabulary and it is hard using small words to express my opinion and what i want to talk about.
    Last edited by skrat28; 17-11-05 at 04:39 AM.
    whetever makes you happy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Extensive Vocabulary? well gees, what kind of words do you use? She doesn't understand you, hmm maybe this is more on you! Maybe you need to break it down a little better for her. I don't think I've ever ran into this problem before, especially with a chick. I mean what kinds of things doesn't she understand??

im more of a sesquippidalean or person that likes to use big words. also i really like to think of things on more than one level and it often goes over her head. she doesnt understand how i look at the same thing she does and see something so completely different and so many things in it. its something i have to deal with because i psychoanalyze everything. it can be hard.
    whetever makes you happy

Quote Originally Posted by skrat28
    im more of a sesquippidalean or person that likes to use big words. also i really like to think of things on more than one level and it often goes over her head. she doesnt understand how i look at the same thing she does and see something so completely different and so many things in it. its something i have to deal with because i psychoanalyze everything. it can be hard.
    READ: Pompous @sshole.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Maybe you should try dating someone you don't feel is inferior to you. Besides, you are probably boring her to death.

i dont think im better than her, she does some things much better than i do, im telling you the relevent facts so that u can give me your advice, that is why i am here. for those of you who are here to treat others like $hit please just dont even reply. try to understand the situation and know that we love each other very much. neither is inferior to the other. im here to hear your opinions not ur insults.
    whetever makes you happy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well you kinda came off that way. And with those big words your using, no wonder she doesn't want to express herself. She probably does feel inferior when it comes to talking to you about that stuff. I know you like talking about things you ahve opinions on but how about trying to talk to her in a way she can understand. Communication is a big key to make a relationship last. I think this is something you have to deal with but there are things you can do to ease this situation.

And nobody is here to make you feel like crap, they are stating their opinions whether it be wrong or right! Sometimes they are just blunt!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast