+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help with love...

Help with love...

My story:

I am a person hwo recently got in love for the first time. a week ago. I cannot stop thinink about the person that i am in love with. I do not know this person very well(hardly) I even found person bs e mail on web. earlyer this week i found person bs homepage. And on that homepage there was a diary. In the diary person b says that he/she is in love with someone(they are not togeather)... it does not look like that person is me....

my question is: what would be best to do in this situation?
    Last edited by 12345678910; 25-11-05 at 01:18 AM.

Try to get to know the person better? I would think that would be the only way you could do anything... just give it time.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

Whats this persons website?
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

If you hardly know the person I doubt that you are in love. What you are feeling is infatuation. Love is something that grows as you get to know the person. I'm not saying that infatuation can't be a powerful emotion (and at first it's so strong it feels like love). Anyway, if the person you have these feelings for is in love with someone else you're just setting yourself up to get hurt. Trust me on that one, I've had plenty of experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 12345678910
    My story:

I am a person hwo recently got in love for the first time. a week ago. I cannot stop thinink about the person that i am in love with. I do not know this person very well(hardly) I even found person bs e mail on web. earlyer this week i found person bs homepage. And on that homepage there was a diary. In the diary person b says that he/she is in love with someone(they are not togeather)... it does not look like that person is me....

daydreaming is good sometimes but has nothing to do with reality.
    in reality my friend you need to prove yourself that what that person is dreaming for maybe good but you are better.
    try and get to know her better. but a little piece of advice.
    let him/her do most of the talking. there is a reason why God gave you 2 ears and one mouth.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by RescueDiver
    If you hardly know the person I doubt that you are in love. What you are feeling is infatuation. Love is something that grows as you get to know the person. I'm not saying that infatuation can't be a powerful emotion (and at first it's so strong it feels like love). Anyway, if the person you have these feelings for is in love with someone else you're just setting yourself up to get hurt. Trust me on that one, I've had plenty of experience with it.
    so you don't believe in love at first sight?

Quote Originally Posted by jaye
    so you don't believe in love at first sight?
    No I personally don't. But you can feel a connection (or really hit it off) with someone during that first meeting and that can grow into love. And I think that's probably what people people mean when they talk about love at first sight.

If you hardly know the person I doubt that you are in love. What you are feeling is infatuation. Love is something that grows as you get to know the person.
    Thank god that you know what she is feeling..Why am I thanking god?..its obvious that you are god...since you can read people's minds and tell them what they are feeling. In fact...you must be god since you know the definition of love...or could you just be another retarded individual?...hmmm..

No I personally don't. But you can feel a connection (or really hit it off) with someone during that first meeting and that can grow into love. And I think that's probably what people people mean when they talk about love at first sight.
    Good boy
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 25-11-05 at 01:49 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I agree with rescuedriver. Love at first sight = infatuation, or maybe chemistry. (But it sure feels like love!)

My story:

Don't fall in love so easily? From what I've read you've had absolutely no reason to fall in love with this girl yet you desperately did anyway:

Couple thinks to keep in mind:
    1. NEVER fall in love with someone who doesn't love you back.
    2. ALWAYS ask yourself if there is a real reason you're attracted to someone, is that person really that intelligent, attractive, and fun to be around, or are you just projecting a boatload of emotions onto him/her for no reason.
    3. Be in charge of your emotions, don't let your emotions be in charge of you.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    I agree with rescuedriver. Love at first sight = infatuation, or maybe chemistry. (But it sure feels like love!)
    If it feels like it then it is. I don't question it no more then I would question when I am in pain.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Good for you OV. Infatuation is more visceral than love.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My story:

You kinda sound like a whackjob if you ask me.

Somethin' about you freaks me out.

are you sure you aren't obsessed or infatuated with this girl? Because if it was love at first site, and imo, I think you two would already know each other well and truly love each other.

To those saying love at first site is mere infatuation, how do you know? I don't think anyone can fully explain how love works. I just think it's a mystery and whatever you define it as is what you experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Thank god that you know what she is feeling..Why am I thanking god?..its obvious that you are god...since you can read people's minds and tell them what they are feeling. In fact...you must be god since you know the definition of love...or could you just be another retarded individual?...hmmm..

Good boy
    What are you 16 years old? Maybe when you get a little more life experience you'll figure out what love is. Love is not some knee-jerk reaction to some hot chick or guy you bump into once. It's people like you that throw the word "love" around and then wonder why a year or two down the road you all of the sudden don't love the person anymore. WHY? Because it was infatuation... not love and it wore off. Why do I know? Because I've been there.