+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Different paths in my life ... HELP!!

Different paths in my life ... HELP!!

hey everybody ... lots of things have happened these last couple of days .
    but now i have bigger issues . I would just like to know what you would do in my place . here is what is going on with me and how it will affect my future in terms of : Family , Girlfriend ( who wants to be future wife ) , School and work .

PS : SORRY < I KNOW ITS LONG !!! THX

this is very complexe . try to help me , look at this as a puzzle or mind game if you will .

ok . so now im unemployed and im not going to school . i DO have a GF BUT the conditions are that i can only see her Thursday .... well she can change her scheduel , but the thing is that thurday if we both have a day off , i can see her all day till 10 pm . she choose thurday and sunday as her days off until January when she will go to school again full-time. i CANNOT see her , ONLY when she either : works , goes to school . when she works she has to call sick to see me . i cannot even call her . and she has to skip to school to see me , we did that and we both got kicked out .

i have LOTS of choices ... I got a new Job today , im starting tomorrow . we havent talked about my schedual yet .

ok heres are the deals ... im sooo confused.

A : I can be a bum , until January 7 th and from there on just go to school full-time during the *day* with my gf at school and i can see her there . I NEED money , im basically broke and her Birthday is coming up , not to mention X-mas

B : I can start work tomorrow , they say its only full-time and that they MIGHT keep me AFTER december . i dont think ill be able to trade Thursday for maybe Saturday or sunday ... ill have to talk to my boss . wich i dont know yet , dont you think its to early to start making requests? ... plus they know i dont have school ... what should i say ?

then if i KEEP the job full-time ... i will either :
    B1) have to go to school in the after noon ( meaning work from 8-5 , then class from 7 to 9 ...back home at 11 , repeat .) or
    B2) QUIT work
    B3) QUIT school ( i wont see my GF almost ever)
    B4) i DOUBT they will want part-timers . but if i can perfect ( almost)

My GF will work full-time also during december . so i can see her on
    - Thurday
    -after work ( her family doesnt know she got kicked out , so they think we have school for another 2 weeks ) thats about 3 days after work (5 pm) till 10 pm
    - I CANNOT see her during week-ends .

*keep in mind that im NOT in college, im in adult school , my parents are planning on going on their separate ways and they want me out soon , im broke and my current GF wants to get married and i want too , we CANNOT marry each other until after her college ( in wich shes not even there yet) ...

i could make up my mind right now , but i dont know what would be best for me now and the near future with my GF . i could work full-time and not finish my adults ... i have my HS diploma ... move out , get married , but wouldnt it suck if in 3 years from now , my GF has a college diploma and i have what ... a shitty job .

Tone Guest
    Damn man... if you work full-time now, will you only be able to see your g/f on Thursday after 5, or whenever you get out of work? What about Sunday?

If I were you I wouldn't worry about what happens when you go back to school and your job. You need money - so I'd take the full-time job and worry about what happens, as far as moving to part-time or having to find another job, when the time comes.

Don't drop out of school. Go back when you can, and see about moving to part-time or about findin another part-time job.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I vote for work before play. Work over winter break, and begin school full-time in the spring while working part-time if you must. Don't get married. You are too young. I don't think there are many men who are ready for marriage until they are at least 30.

If this girl loves you, she will understand your need to focus on your future. Besides, once she has her education finished, she may resent that you are not similarly educated.
    Last edited by vashti; 04-12-05 at 01:48 AM.

HA , i just re-read my thread ... i figured ...

ok ill work full-time until January 7th ... IF i can have thursdays off then better for me ... if not , ill just see her after work till 10 pm .

(my job isnt set yet , so i might just end up working there a week and get fired)

then in January , i will go to school ... most of the time ... during the day .

and i will request to be a part-time ... if they dont accept , then too bad . ill be a student with no money . at leats ill go to school and get to see my GF .

still , i havent talked about it too my GF or Boss ...

i would still like to hear suggestions and feedback ... thx .

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Damn man... if you work full-time now, will you only be able to see your g/f on Thursday after 5, or whenever you get out of work? What about Sunday?
    yea , if im working full-time , i wont see her till 5 pm , she will have more than half of her day off wasted because she wont see me .

sunday i wont see her , she says its because its a "family" day ... its a day when she wants to rest and take care of herself ...

good suggestions Tone ...

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    I vote for work before play. Work over winter break, and begin school full-time in the spring while working part-time if you must. Don't get married. You are too young. I don't think there are many men who are ready for marriage until they are at least 30.

If this girl loves you, she will understand your need to focus on your future. Besides, once she has her education finished, she may resent that you are not similarly educated.
    hey Shh! ... no we are not planning on getting married YET ... after her college , then we can , before its too risky to end up in a crappy life ... too young and no real careers . we might do a DEP ( i dunno the name in english ) ... so basically she will be done in about 2 years and if i go to college ...3 years .

ps: sorry about soo many replys ... i dont know how to quote many ppl in the same post .

yay ... i reached over 900 posts ... just about 97 to go till 1000 !

Tone Guest
    All the cool people have over 1000 posts!

Not like this vashti person!! I guess she doesn't wanna be cool!

i guess im cool then , right Tone ?

hey , where's Shh! when you need her ...
    this vashti person acts as if she knows all of us already .

Tone Guest
    LoL - yes, you're cool Rafael - just need the last 95 posts to make your internet cool status official.

;D

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I say work the job and take the hits on seein' her.

It's only a month man, c'mon.

If things aren't workin' your way after December, then revise the plan then.

well i spoke to her about it , i dont really know whats going to happen , i have to show up to work tomorrow morning , then i have to magically get into contact with her ... i never thought that having the family of your GF against you in a relationship could be a big obstacle . well they dont know me personnaly but still .

now that i think about it , it was like that with my ex also ... maybe all i need to do is get introduced and before doing that to join their religion ... or maybe ill get stabbed and shoot in the process ... Afghan dads/families are known to do this with their daughters BF/husbads who arent Afghans ... gulp !

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    or maybe ill get stabbed and shoot in the process ... Afghan dads/families are known to do this with their daughters BF/husbads who arent Afghans ... gulp !
    Yeah...good luck with that...

yea thanks ... ill need it ... super chicharon !!! to the Cheech mobile

she says that because he's so kinda like "racist" not in a way that he insults races ... its just that whenever somebody from his country marries someone else from another country , he gets all pissed and talks trash after they are out of his sight ... even if its not his family ... and now she says that "ppl who talk shit alot , one day it all comes back to them ..." meaning , " my dad talks alot of shit , one day it will all come back to his face because i will marry a non afghan guy... meaning YOU ! " ... me : ...

hey , there were her words exactly , both times .

Lv, I'm just asking, not meaning anything by it or trying to start anything. Are you sure she's with you because she wants to be with you or because she wants to defy her father?

yes , i know it 4 sure ... we almost broke up 4 times ... not because of the relationship but because she knew that it would never work out between me and her family . now she has made her mind up and she would rather be happy and to spend her adult life with me than to please her parents ( mainly her dad ) and to be "forced" to live an unwanted life with an undesired husband .

she did brake up with me once , i admit it, because she knew that if she keept staying with me , that she would not be able to let go of me ... and she realize at what point she loved me . so she came back and fast, after one day .

you know the saying

"you dont know what you have until you have lost it " or something like that .

see she loves her family , but he just wants to force his ways too much on her , it backfired (sort of , see im kinda like what she always wanted , so sorry popy) ... so shes not with me to piss him off or anything , she wanted us ( me and her family ) to get along ... if it was to piss him off , she would have done it a long time ago and with anybody else .
    Last edited by Late_vamp; 05-12-05 at 10:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast