+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football Picks

Tone Guest

College Football Picks

K not gonna list every bowl but will list the major ones and those important to LF members:

Post your pics (who you think will win):

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Champs Sports - December 27th
    Clemson (7-4) vs Colorado (7-5)

Tone's pic: Clemson 34-21. Sorry Terry! Realistically CU will probably win but I just can't ever pick them as a winner. They will probably play inspired football since they have been completely embarrassed 100-6 in their past 2 games.

Alamo Bowl - December 28th
    Nebraska (7-4) vs Michigan (7-4)

Tone's pic: NU 34-30. Michigan has had an up and down year, same as Nebraska - so it really depends on which teams show up on Dec. 28th.

Peach Bowl - December 30th
    Miami (9-2) vs LSU (10-2)

Tone's pic: LSU 23-20. I don't like any of the CFB teams from the state of Florida so I'll be rooting for LSU - and after Georgia embarrassed them in the SEC championship game I think they will come prepared. But Miami also has a pretty solid team - should be close.

Cotton Bowl - January 2nd
    Texas Tech (9-2) vs Alabama (9-2)

Tone's pic: TTU 28-7. Alabama has NO playmakers and haven't since Tyrone Protho broke his leg vs Florida. They have a good defense but I don't think they can hold back TTU for long.

Fiesta Bowl - January 2nd
    Notre Dame (9-2) vs Ohio State (9-2)

Tone's pic: ND 27-17. OSU has a GOOD defense, but I just like ND's offense much better. I think they will get things rolling early and momentum will carry them a long way. I hope this game is close but I think ND comes out with a big win.

Sugar Bowl - January 2nd
    West Virginia (10-1) vs Georgia (10-2)

Tone's pic: UGA 37-13. I've been impressed with Georgia all year. They lost to Florida like 14-10 I think it was? when DJ Shockley was out, then they lost to Auburn 31-30. So two close games. And the way their defense just shut down LSU in the SEC title game really makes me think they will stomp all over WVU.

Orange Bowl - January 3rd
    Penn State (10-1) vs Florida State (8-4)

Tone's pic: PSU 31-3. Penn State is easily the 3rd best team in the country. Their only loss was to Michigan on the very last second of the game. They are very well balanced on both sides of the ball. Not impressed AT ALL by FSU's ACC title win - since Virginia Tech CHOKES to Florida teams (earlier to Miami, now to FSU) I think Penn State wins big.

Rose Bowl - January 4th
    USC (12-0) vs Texas (12-0)

Tone's pic: TEXAS 45-42. Probably the most anticipated national championship game EVER. This game should be amazing. I think it will start out slow though, low scoring first half and then explode in the second half. Bush and Leinart will keep it close - but Vince Young will show the world why they SHOULD have picked him over Bush for the Heismann.

Tone Guest
    Shit this took me forever...

lol I like your optimism, Tone. I think Tech will get killed in the Cotton Bowl. I do hope Texas wins, they're one of my favorites.

Uh oh, you and Rosebud will be going against each other!

Tone Guest
    Oh we WILL won't we!

Yeah, to be honest - out of every single game - if I could pick only one right I hope it's Texas wins... (and Colorado loses)

I can't make even one pick here Tone...Don't know very much about College Football so better to leave the picks to you guys.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Tone Guest
    Damn - I don't think Lloyd is into CFB much either.. in fact.. I think TAVS, myself, and Junsui are the only ones. SHIT I spent all that time on that for nothin!?

Oh well, once NFL Playoffs are determined I'll do the same thing.

This is probably one of the most anticipated National Championship games ever though.. Asip imagine if Seattle hadn't lost, and they went undefeated and the Colts go undefeated and it was 16-0 Seattle vs 16-0 Indy for the Super Bowl. Well THAT would be more impressive sure, but it's a similair thing right now in College Football with Texas and USC both going undefeated, on a collision course to play for the title in January.

Yes, I am excited about that game as well. I'll actually be at the Cotton Bowl though, so I'm more excited for that one.

I hope they can at least show us the USC vs Texas one, i'd love to see it. Sounds like it'll be a great game Tone.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Tone Guest
    Do you guys have "ABC" in Canadia?

Hmm I suppose not.

I'm sure it will be broadcasted on the internet somewhere?

Even if you don't like CFB, if you're a football fan at all - you GOTTA see this game.

lol Tone, really excited huh?

How can anyone seriously think Colorado can win at anything, let alone football, after the past two weeks? I for one hope we lose so we have more reason to fire Coach Barnett.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Yea, i have ABC, Tone. Seahawks vs Eagles tonight is on ABC i think...

Tone Guest
    Weird - do you ever turn to ABC on Saturday afternoons? They usually always have on a big CFB game.

Anyways - Jan 4th @ 8:00 EST is when the Rose Bowl is on - on ABC.

Not really. I usually work Saturdays and when i'm not, i don't watch tv until evening time. Thanks bro, i'll catch that one, for sure.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am rooting for USC. I don't know much about sports, but I always take ANY team that is playing against Texas. The only good thing to come out of Texas is Junsui.
    :-)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast