+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Conversation

Good Conversation

What are some good topics to talk about with women? I've been accused of being boring and not being able to have a good convo from a girl. So I need to know what are some good things to talk about, just random topics that are interesting.

Tone Guest
    How about... oh I don't know... finding out what her INTERESTS are and talkin about them?

Shoes???????
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

ask lots of questions. there's a book of questions out there you should get it. there's so much to know about a person, if you're really interested.

Sounds like you simply aren’t a good conversationalist. Not that you can’t talk to people at all, but that you may have a hard time talking to new people or women that you just met. If it is a serious problem that you feel that you need to fix than I recommend using your job to help you become a better conversationalist. If you work in a customer oriented place do your best to talk to all the customers and not just ask them how their day was, try to strike up real conversations with them. If you try this your co workers might think your weird, and to an extent it might be weird in some jobs, but the point is that you need to try striking up good conversations with people you barely know.

Try going to jazz clubs or those half bar/nightclubs and try meeting people just to bullshit with them. Focus on the goal of meeting new people and having good talks with them. Fortunately I worked in a hospital setting when I was younger so the environment really made me an extrovert quickly. Also, learn to use humor. Don’t make every conversation with women about serious things. In fact the opposite is best in my view. Keep things light and fun going. At the same time, don’t be a clown either. It takes time man, that’s why they have clubs for this like the “toasters” and such.

If you don’t know what the toasters is it is a national club for people who have a hard time speaking in front of crowds and talking to new people. The club has all these different events and expertises designed to have you talk to crowds of people at once and other people that you don’t know. I never joined but my brother went a few times. He really liked it but then moved and never went anymore.

It's not that I have a hard time speaking to people. It's just i've been accused of not being able to have a good convo and that im a little boring. I feel I cant really have a good convo with this one girl and I dont know why because I can have great convos with other girls. I just feel like I have nothing to say to her and it's turning her off. I usually try to talk about stuff she likes but it's hard to keep the convo going.

I this girl one of those dark brooding girls who just kind fo sits there and is negative about everything. Tell me what you think she is like

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Pickle
    I this girl one of those dark brooding girls who just kind fo sits there and is negative about everything. Tell me what you think she is like
    No she isn't like that. She's a very outgoing person, usually very open and friendly. But lately she has been kinda pushing me away and not being open with me, she gives me the "i dont want to tlak about it" routine. I think it was just becasue she was pms this past week. She's usually very happy, but she is also very sensative. She gets upset easily if you say something in a wrong way.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So how do most of your converstaions end? like can you not think of something else to say so it kinda dies off?
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Tone Guest
    Yeah LoL this should be fun.

How do most your conversations go?

You're one of those people who talks to their girl on the internet right? Post some of your convo's so we can see for ourself what you're lacking.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know a lot of people who can't keep a conversation going. It's like they think of what to say next and then when someone says something differnet...they don't know what to say... luckily, I don't have that problem..I'm a chatterbox!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    I know a lot of people who can't keep a conversation going. It's like they think of what to say next and then when someone says something differnet...they don't know what to say... luckily, I don't have that problem..I'm a chatterbox!
    I dont have a problem with segue's, it's not hard for me to switch topics. My main problem is getting the convo going. I just need to find a way to make myself sound more interested. Once the convo starts and we have a good topic, I can keep it going untill it changes or slowly dies, then i'll try and segue off of something that was mentioned earlier. Mabey you guys could give me examples of some of your online convos?

You have problems carrying on a conversation online?

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    You have problems carrying on a conversation online?
    Yea kinda, I find it's easier to talk in person or on the phone. I guess I'm weird because online you have time to think about what your going to say and how to say it. I just think I do better in person cause I immediatly go with the first thing that pops into my mind. I just don't like talking online because u don't really get a true sense of the other person's tone (ex: are they being sacastic, funny, cute, etc...)

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I disagree that you can't tell someone's tone online. I know it's not the same as if you were talking in person but for the most part you can still tell what someone is trying to get accross.

Just do the same thing you would in person. Listen to what you just said above, you answered your own question.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast