+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Useless Thread: Number 24

Useless Thread: Number 24

Six Billion People in the World. That's a lot!

I wonder what the other 5,999,999,999 are up to?

At this very moment, how many of those:

Won a lottery?

Aced an Exam?

Just saved someones life?

Just gave birth?

Found out they have cancer?

Lost a loved one?

Are running late for work?

Are telling a joke?

Are laughing at a joke?

Are watching TV?

Are having sex?

Are masterbating?

Are having an affair?

Has been shot?

Is comforting someone else?

Well, the list goes on and on...

...I'm not trying to make a point or anything. When I drive in my car, I look at cars drive by, and can't help wonder to myself: That person has a mum and dad. A family. Maybe brothers and sisters. Maybe Kids. Friends. Relatives...

...and those people, know other people, that know yet again, other people.

An intertwined web of connections! And the basis and foundation for these 'connections', is LOVE. (That's my opinion)

So, that 5,999,999,999 number, is nothing more than another way of saying: About six billion people, united by a common theme in life, LOVE.

I browsed the web, and searched for various pictures that prove my point:

[url]http://skrneta.home.mindspring.com/WEBSHOTS/Love%20You.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.deathstar.org/~ainman/pics/vail-1.13.03/images/ulf.nicole.hug.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.macgregorgordon.com/images/Hug.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.thepeacefuldragon.com/grandopening/hug.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.bandshots.com/SHOTS/WARPED2003/image/new_and_old_friends.jpg[/url]

[url]http://turntable.typepad.com/photos/feb_25_2004/em_peter_hug_airport.jpg[/url]

Either that or they're all united in hate
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Tone Guest
    I like how you think, RK... you remind me of myself when I sit back and think of things sometimes...

Tone, I know.

TAVS - you make a good point. If Life = Love, then why do people die everyday of starvation and killing?

It's a fair question, but I feel the VERY nature of life is about LOVE.

I remember a thread by Tone on 'animal insticts'. I believe HUMANS have insticts based on LOVE.

Sometimes, perceptions and worldviews are different, but the message at the end is Universal. The SMILE is universal. Go ANYWHERE in the world, and Smile, and people will smile back...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    actually there was an accident and two people were killed. so now the actually population of the world is 5,999,999,998.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

i find it funny when i interract with a stranger and its not something with work ... like for example , once i helped this guy get his car out of a huge pile pf snow , he slipped and his car crashed , hes lucky the snow was soft and didnt screw up his car . i did not know him , i am not gay , i wasnt expecting nothing in return all i did was help another human being , and then i wonder "why is it so rare to find ppl like this nowadays ?" because i was sometimes in situations where i needed help , yet i knew that no help would come even if i was surrounded by ppl , why ? because ppl cannot be bothered with anything that is remotly outside of their little lives or else they freak out .

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's not it. Studies show that people are more likely to help another person when there is no one else around. When you are surrounded by people, everyone waits for someone else to step up to help.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am usually the first to step in and help. I get frustrated by the people that just stand there and gape.

The worst thing I ever saw was this car that crashed a block from my house that was on fire....I was only 10. There were people trapped inside, and their dog, and a woman was running by my house screaming at her husband "Get the camera! We can sell the pictures to the newspaper!" If I heard that now I'd chase her down and step on her bloody camera.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    That's not it. Studies show that people are more likely to help another person when there is no one else around. When you are surrounded by people, everyone waits for someone else to step up to help.
    that's so true...

...i'm usually a shy guy, but like Bluesummer, I tend to step in when I see somthing wrong, or if someone needs help...

but shh!, you are unfortunately, absolutely right - from what i've heard, studies DO show that

it's because when a 'GROUP' of people 'witness' something 'bad' happen, and do NOTHING about it ---> then they are part of the problem...

...but when it's a group, the people standing by, feal 'at ease', because they feel the 'blame' will be/is shared among ALL by standers...

...and when this blame is 'shared', it can be interpreted as 'a divided' portion of blame on each person, which would be a 'fraction' of the whole

i hope i didn't loose you there!

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    Tone, I know.

TAVS - you make a good point. If Life = Love, then why do people die everyday of starvation and killing?

It's a fair question, but I feel the VERY nature of life is about LOVE.

I remember a thread by Tone on 'animal insticts'. I believe HUMANS have insticts based on LOVE.

Sometimes, perceptions and worldviews are different, but the message at the end is Universal. The SMILE is universal. Go ANYWHERE in the world, and Smile, and people will smile back...

Im glad your not the spokes person for the human race. People love = breed...we would all love to kill some thing once in a while though....even the lions beat the crap out of a deers even though they are not hungry sometimes.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

yea , seriously if police wasnt so advanced , then i would have commited murder already , now its not so bad but a couple of years ago i used to entertain that tought many times .
    i guess its just in my nature , my dad was in the army in my country , my grandpops got into lots of matchete fights back over there , he sliced off a couple of limbs also , now he has a huge old scar going from his left side of the stomach all the way to the other end .
    he killed the guy that did that to him .

Tone Guest
    When I was trying to buy a couple Christmas cards a couple weeks ago this lady knocked over a whole bunch of cards that spilled onto the ground, and I helped her clean them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    even the lions beat the crap out of a deers even though they are not hungry sometimes.
    No they don't, unless they are feeding their young or the others in the pack.

ov and late vamp, i understand humans can be aggresive my nature - IT'S IN OUR GENES, remember the instinct thread?

i just feel, when all boundaries are created, when everything is set into line and 'perspective' - it is at this point, every body is good at heart.........

.......let me explain.........

a murdered who grows up without parents, on the street, selling drugs at 13 yrs old. he get's into the wrong crowd. the people show him LOVE for doing things that are bad, such as giving him a gun to be part of THIR gang........

.........the boy, who grows to be a man kills someone, and then returns home a HERO, and is Loved even more, and also respected MORE ----> although we will never understand it, in HIS OWN personal mind, he did a GOOD THING

of course, personally, he did a VERY BAD THING.........

you've probably heard the quote: "one man's terrorist, is another man's freedom fighter",

well, the above situation is kind of related.......

it's a shame really, because our enviornment, and socio-economic structures lead to these tragedies, the greatest of which in New Orleans...

that's my vent

Tone Guest
    Great post, RK.

Good/interesting analogy.

thx tone,

yeah - i fool around here a lot, but sometime when i believe something, it's from the heart

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast