+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies..need your thoughts

Ladies..need your thoughts

I've been dating my girlfriend for a little over 8 months now.
    The relationship progressed pretty quickly and after 4 months she started talking about me moving in with her.
    After the past 4 months things have tappered off.
    We've gone from spending all our time together and seeing each other the whole weekend to
    me only sleeping over there about once a week and seeing her usually only one night out of the weekend. Sex has tappered off also. Going from all the time to every couple weeks. There was even a time we went a month without sex.

She claims she doesn't know why she isn't as interested in sex as before. She has mentioned her weight before but i don't notice any change in her weight.

What I would like to know is it common for relationships to take a dip like this and recover or is it a sign things are coming to an end.
    Like I said she has told me she loves me very much and wants to be with me.
    I love my girlfriend very much and want to be with her.

Non of this really hit the radar until while looking at her camera I found pics of her at a bar with friends. The pics had a male friend grabbing her chest. The same friend in another pic was hugging her and she had her legs wrapped around him.
    I got pissed and she said he's a highschool friend and it was just drunk fun with friends.

Ever since then I've notice the things mentioned and wonder if she is bored with me and just can't tell me. I'm tight with her parents and her family really like me.

Ask any questions you might have and please give your opinion.
    Hope this all is clear and easy to read.
    Thanks

she's playing the field to see what she can get while she strings you along for backup. What you mentioned are the early warning signs your gf is losing interests in you. I've seen this happen time and time again.

it's certainly not unusual for relationships to hit lulls...but they're usually short lived lulls for me...maybe a one month lull, tops. but there's usually a reason for the lull...usually some form of stress that's making it hard to concentrate on the relationship...you know, family problems, work problems, school problems, problems with other friends, the daily grind getting to you...usually a combination of many things is how it seems to pan out. but once whatever is causing the stress calms...or one of us takes control of the stress, everything picks back up in the relationship.

but if i get bored with her...or she gets bored with me...then that's trouble. someone has to spice things up, make things interesting again. and if that don't work...the relationship winds up ending.

that's how things have worked with me and my gf's when there's been lulls...it may be different for different people. but you may want to ask yourself and examine if there's anything that could be causing this lull.

this may or may not have to do with anything. you know, i can understand a fair amount of playfulness between friends of the opposite sex...but grabbing breast? for me, that would cross a line...i'd be pissed...and maybe a teeny tiny bit worried...

Looks like you need to spice things up.
    Make your relationship more exciting! If you want more sex, then initiate it yourself! Take her on suprise romantic trips and give presents.
    Yes she sounds like she's getting bored with the relationship - so be more exciting and she won't!!!
    Last edited by sashna; 09-01-06 at 03:23 AM.

I' got really pissed when I saw the pics and we had a huge fight.
    She said she would never cheat on me and if she was to meet someone else she would tell me.
    We have talked about things becoming routine and predictable.
    But I feel she's to blame as much as I am.
    She also is unhappy w/ her job and has a busy schedule.
    She has also said she's been depressed lately but I told her she should talk to someone she said she would but has done nothing.
    I've been taking her out more often in the past few weeks.