+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think this is a new one

I think this is a new one

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa
    Last edited by PurdueEngr86; 11-01-06 at 11:59 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She is a minor, and is subject to her parent's rules regardless of how you, she, or anyone else feels about them. When she is 18, she can get a job and move out. Then she can do what she wants.

The question you should be asking yourself is why her Dad feels the need to do this, because I doubt he is flat-out crazy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Until she is prepared to support herself, I guess she is out of luck, then.

If her parents don't want her in a long term relationship, ask yourself why. And don't take the easy way out and say it's because they are crazy. You may not agree with their point of view, but that doesn't mean they don't have a legitimate point.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc ccccc

Hey what suburbs and what high school did you attend? By the way, I like your writing. You do something lots of people on here do not do. You use periods lol.

Anyways, Purdue is a great school. Worry about the school and forget the girl. I was accepted to purdue but I can not afford out of state tuition for that place. So I am off to UIC. The on hand topic though I don't understand what type of advice you are looking for. If she can not follow you to school then you might have to break things up unless your willing for a long term relationship and wait...but she is 18 so I am sure you know all your options all to well.

Welcome to the forums.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 09-01-06 at 03:17 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

You must be leaving something out; there has to be a reason her Dad doesn't like you.

Aside from that, she lives in their house, their rules. Move on; there are no girls at Purdue?

PS-The greatest cornerback ever came out of Purdue. Rod Woodson.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

dddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddd

I'm just looking for some support I guess... all our close friends think this can work... I know it sounds crazy... but I think we can make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by PurdueEngr86
    I'm just looking for some support I guess... all our close friends think this can work... I know it sounds crazy... but I think we can make it work.
    Then go for it. I don't see why not.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The more she defies her parents the more they crack down on her. While she is under their roof they ahve control over what she does. The way I see it, they want her to focus all her time on her schooling to get an education and then there after she's free to do what she wants. Yes you guys want to be togheter, but if you don't want anymore problems down the road with heparents I suggest you abide by their rules.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

this is stupid...a long distance relationship is hard enough. a long distance relationship that's trying to be blocked is even harder. not to mention...these two individuals are pretty young...18 and 19-20? am i right? and purdue boy is focusing on this long-distance-girl exclusively?

i don't know...i don't recommend this. i have a feeling this person is on your mind alot. dude...concentrate on school. she'll go off to some uni next year...be on her own a bit...and it'll be easier. for now, just take it easy...and take it as it comes. try to not want more...don't ask for anything more. if you can only exchange emails once a week, whatever...don't sweat about it...

I think he knows that it is going to be tough and hard. I don't think he is asking that, he is asking if even though it is going to be tough should he go for it. Why not? if it fail then at least they tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    I think he knows that it is going to be tough and hard. I don't think he is asking that, he is asking if even though it is going to be tough should he go for it. Why not? if it fail then at least they tried.
    i don't think he should try this if it weighs him down or weighs her down. she needs to finish her senior year strong to get in to a good school. and he needs to do well in his classes. and they should concentrate on their most immediate friendships around them.

in the mean time, if they can take things casually, then fine...continue to exchange secret emails. but i wouldn't get all crazy about this...i'd suggest he takes it easy. if this thing has any lasting power, it'll pick up over summer vacation...and after that she'll be off to school as well which should give them the freedom to do what they want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast