+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Try and make it work or not?

Try and make it work or not?

I've known this girl since we were both 14yrs old. Back then she had the biggest crush on me however I never knew until recently. We lost contact for a year or two maybe, at this time I didn’t think much of it until I saw her last year. Since then we have been spending time together again. We are both 17yrs old now. We spent new years together, which was great. Lay on the beach together for a few hours talking then watched the 12o'clock fireworks. She announced that she likes me very much and I feel the same about her. She kissed me on the cheek and we said goodbyes. Just the other day we went out for about the 4th time since new years. She hinted on the fact that she wanted me to be her boyfriend by saying how many people already believe we are going out (because we act like it) but then she says "Trust me, I would be your gf if I wouldn’t destroy your life in the long term". While we were out she refused I payed for lunch because she thinks she isn’t "worth it". Lately I've been questioning myself if she really feels for me (like she says) or if it's all lies and manipulation (it’s really tearing me apart, cant get to sleep until like 3am every night).

I've seen some of the big time losers/man whores she has dated in the past so I don’t know why she can easily classify one of them her bf and not me. I feel she is basically saying "you're too nice for me. I haven’t ever had someone like you so im afraid that I will hurt you. I don’t trust myself".

I feel I should train myself to let go before the fear of being bolted down in her friend pile forever consumes and destroys me but I like her too much just to give up. It isn’t easy for me to meet girls that like me more than a friend (this girl is possibly the first one). I don’t know how to act around her anymore or what to say.... Any conclusion of what you make of this situation will be helpful.

by reading what I say about myself here most members would infer that I am a fuking assshole.

However, truth is that I treat my girlfriends very well many women think of me as being a "gentlemen". This has caused me to fail in several relationships. Not because of me, but because the girl was unable to function in a secure relationship that fostered love and trust.

Alot of woment out there do not function when you treat them nice.
    Massacre, this is the kind of women that you got there. If you would be just a bit of a jerk to her then it may work out.

your age is going to make it tough for you period. your in highschool years which is going to consist of a lot of drama and both of you not knowing what you really want because you both have a lot of people yet to meet through the years.

my advice is if you really like her try it out but dont let her talk of she will ruin your life etc get into your head, keep and open mind and positive outlook in the relationship. but if you are having a lot of doubts i would recommend keeping it at froiends for now.. like i say sounds from what you said that she really doesnt know what she wants