View Poll Results: do ya believe in love at first sight?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

9 37.50%
  • no

15 62.50%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you believe in love at first sight?

lilwing89 Guest

do you believe in love at first sight?

well do ya?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I believe in lust at first sight. I fully believe you need to know something about the person before you fall in love with them.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I agree with blue. Love at first site is just silly talk.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

i believe in liking someone a whole whole lot at first sight.....or maybe not first sight more like first "encounter", the first time you talk with them...because i see a ton of gorgeous girls but only a few of them have a "it" that really makes me intrigued by appearance alone

but to ansewr your question, i refuse to say i love someone when i don't really know them

I agree..love comes after you have been with that person for awhile.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the only way people can BELIEVE in love at first site is if they have experienced it. And even then I would be partial to think what they were feeling was lust. So No I don't.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

lilwing89 Guest
    i do believe in love at first sight regardless to what everyone has said so far, i also believe in lust at first sight. its either one or the other; lust is usually based on when a guy walks up to a girl because of what she looks like and tries to get something out of her. love at first sight is when the girl smiles at the guy because she stumbled down the hall and the guy looked at her and laughed because it was cute and the guy thinks about her the rest of the day because girls dont usually smile at him and then 2 months and 3 days later he meets her by chance and it grows into a strong, long-term relationship.
    (written from a non-sexist view)

Wow man, that's pretty.. detailed and descriptive. 2 months and 3 days?

I don't personally believe in love in first sight myself, but I agree somewhat with Tired. I think that someone can make a great first impression on you and get you pretty interested. I, like the others, believe that you need to know the person a lot better than that to even consider the word 'love'.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

lilwing89 Guest
    ahh its not exact i cant remember

love at first sight is the biggest load of crock stories have sold to us. it's lust. most people can't even distinguish between lust, love, infatuation, obsession, etc etc etc...it's always lust or infatuation at first site...you're totally fooling yourself to think otherwise.
    Last edited by toohot4pants; 21-01-06 at 09:21 PM.
    You don't scare me. I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!

lilwing89 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by toohot4pants
    most people can't even distinguish between lust, love, infatuation
    this thread does not ask about what you think other people can or cant determine; it asks what you determine, and what you believe. so let everyone else speak for themselves.

which brings me to my first point.
    love is different to everybody, you cant just categorize love into all these words like lust and infatuation and shit. just because you or most people believe that love at first sight does not exist, does not mean you are right.

which brings me to my second point.
    you have not experienced what you believe is 'love at first sight'. your belief of it is probably much different than mine. and because of that, you do not believe that it is possible, which is totally understandable. but it is out there, and i have seen it and experienced it.

which brings me to my third and final point
    i have experienced what i believe is love at first sight. and dont you dare bother to explain to me any difference between any of the words you mentioned above, or even that it was lust i felt, because i know you are wrong and lust is something else to me. i wont believe you anyways, so why waste your breath? lol (rhetorical question)

im sure most people on here will also go with the crowd. most, because it is quote unquote "adult-like" to do so. well you arent going to change my beliefs so dont bother telling me how immature you think i am

on more simpler words: speak for yourself.

i don't believe in love at first sight. it can be only a sparkle, but nothing more.
    i can't love someone when i really don't know him.
    Think everyday something no one else is thinking...

I have no idea about believing in love at first sight actually I'll find out about this thing on monday because i'm gonna ask out that girl from driving school. I don't know is it love or just lust, because she is not a sex bomb, i've seen prettier girls than she is, but it's just the was she's very nice to everybody and because she's kindda very interesting as a person. But the point is that I couldn't sleep first three nights after noticing her

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing89
    this thread does not ask about what you think other people can or cant determine; it asks what you determine, and what you believe. so let everyone else speak for themselves.

which brings me to my first point.
    love is different to everybody, you cant just categorize love into all these words like lust and infatuation and shit. just because you or most people believe that love at first sight does not exist, does not mean you are right.

which brings me to my second point.
    you have not experienced what you believe is 'love at first sight'. your belief of it is probably much different than mine. and because of that, you do not believe that it is possible, which is totally understandable. but it is out there, and i have seen it and experienced it.

which brings me to my third and final point
    i have experienced what i believe is love at first sight. and dont you dare bother to explain to me any difference between any of the words you mentioned above, or even that it was lust i felt, because i know you are wrong and lust is something else to me. i wont believe you anyways, so why waste your breath? lol (rhetorical question)

im sure most people on here will also go with the crowd. most, because it is quote unquote "adult-like" to do so. well you arent going to change my beliefs so dont bother telling me how immature you think i am

on more simpler words: speak for yourself.
    sounds like you took it a little too personal...you sound a little too defensive. don't get your panties in a bunch. it ain't no big deal what i say or think. you run with whatevers rattling in your head and it's all good.

but i feel the need to respond. i never implied i was speaking for you. if you don't believe people are dumb, then that's you. i believe people are too dumb and i have EVERY right to say so...just as you have every right to disagree. you seem to think that what i have posted is inappropriate. it is NO LESS appropriate than what you have typed.

so don't roll up on me with a "holier than thou" attitude.

i AM speaking for myself...it is MY belief that most people are too dumb to even properly categorize what they feel. you only have to take a couple sociology and psychology course to realize that. studies have shown that when it comes to emotions, people aren't very good at know WHAT that emotion is. and their perception of what they THINK they feel changes with questioning, introspection, and time. and it changes further with experience and education. people aren't able to categorize their feelings of anger, affection, fear, or anything.

however, you did mention one thing that i agree with. i guess love can be different for everybody. my definition of what love is might not be the same as someone else. perhaps my definition of infatuation is the same as your or someone elses definition of love.

here's the other thing about "love at first site" that people should consider. do you know how many people INITIALLY THOUGHT they experienced "love" at first site"? probably billions and billions. do you know for how many people that "love" bore itself out? probably in the millions.

why is that? oh yeah...because eventually they meet. and in most cases, they don't work out. and the person thinks, "wtf was i thinking?!?!?!"

MY definition of love requires admiration, respect, trust and many other things that REQUIRE i get to know the person. now...i could go around and say i'm in love with this or that girl at first site. but the chances that she meets my requirements for love? pretty slim. granted, the law of averages say eventually i'll be right and then i'll be able to claim, "see?!?! love at first site! i told you!!!!!" but lets be honest...it was luck, not love.

and those are my thoughts...
    You don't scare me. I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!

Tone Guest
    Hey lilwing you got some good points bud!

Here's my personal opinion. I don't believe in love at first sight, but I do believe in LUST at first sight, as well as INFATUATION at first sight. Since lust is usually associated in pure sexual attraction - sometimes you are just captivated by a girl, and are not interested in her just for sex, but maybe her smile makes your heart skip a beat and you just want to get to know her. So I think you can be infatuated on sight but not love at first sight.

Because to me love translates to so much more than just a girl smiling at me when she stumbled down the hall and I looked and laughed cause I thought it was cute and thought about her the rest the day. I group that into infatuation.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing89
    love at first sight is when the girl smiles at the guy because she stumbled down the hall and the guy looked at her and laughed because it was cute and the guy thinks about her the rest of the day because girls dont usually smile at him and then 2 months and 3 days later he meets her by chance and it grows into a strong, long-term relationship.
    (written from a non-sexist view)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast