+ Follow This Topic

Thread: date tomorrow - i think?

date tomorrow - i think?

I ran into the guy I like on Friday (see my first post for full story) - the one I had class with last semester, got to be pretty good friends with, and then got some weird "maybe i like you/maybe i'm just a player" vibes from the last time we hung out. I saw him at the beginning of the week too, and we chatted for a half hour or so, during which time I mentioned a TV show I started watching (House ), and he said it sounded interesting. When I saw him on Friday, our interaction was short and kind of awkward, and I kicked myself when I left. To make myself feel better, I gave him a call a little while later and asked if he wanted to hang out and watch House. He said he was busy this weekend but suggested we hang out tomorrow (monday).
    so now i can't decide if i should treat it as a "date". my last "date" was watching a movie with this guy a year ago, which then turned into cuddling and my first "real" kiss, so I think I have this preconceived idea of what will happen. but as good as that experience was, I don't really think it's a good way to begin a relationship...
    so should I look at this as an opportunity to really kick the flirting up a notch, and see if he does anything, or what?

Well, I think that you've done a pretty great job as you initiated the steps. And good for him for responding and setting up a firm time to get together.

IT does sound like a date to me. I don't really think there is anything wrong with a kiss and cuddling on the first date! But...if you don't feel comfortable with it....maybe try to sit on different couches or something...

At this point, just plan on having a fun evening getting to know him better. If there are going to be any moves...he is the guy, after all!

Tone Guest
    I HATE THAT SHOW.

It's so stupid - the old assh*le always has a smartass comment to say, always acting like everything is just one big punchline - everyone he works with looks like they are about to punch him in his ****in throat cause they are so annoyed by him (don't blame them either!) - yet he ALWWWWWAYS knows exactly what is wrong and exactly what to do.

I HATE THAT SHOW (good luck on your date)

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah its like a date........ so just go with the flow and see what happens....

I have to agree with Tone about "House" though. That guy annoys me. But unfortunately thats how alot of doctors can be....at least at my work they are....kinda arrogant.
    But whatever floats your boat....

Good Luck!
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

never mind. things don't look good... unless by some small chance he actually didn't see me, he definitely walked right past me twice today without saying anything. I left him a message but he's pretty flaky and probably won't call back.
    raawr.

Jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Men are JErkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SSSSSSSSSSSSSS SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!