+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My V-DAY story.

My V-DAY story.

So she and I have been really good friends for the past 3 months (which is as long as we've known each other). We hang out all the time and do just about everything together. But we were always only friends. So it gradually dawned on me that I liked her more than I had realized. And it also occured to me that she must like me too since she calls just about every day and we'll spend the whole day together.
    Enter Valentines day. This is my chance to make my move. I brought her flowers, which is really not such a big gesture since I'm a sweet guy and we do things for each other all the time. Well anyway we end up hitting a couple pubs and restaurants and walking through the parks etc. and finally we go back to her place which is where we always meet up first. We watch some tv and she says as she always does at some point "I'm tired. I think I'm gonna go to bed soon", which is my que to say "Alright I'll let you get to sleep." We hug and she'll say "give me a call tomorrow". and I say "will do" and leave.

Since it's V-day and I can't wimp out on the occasion I offer a kiss in addition to the hug. She smiles and says yes. I give an innocent little kiss, she kisses me back just as quickly and innocently, and we part.

So anyway since then (only four days) we've pretty much gone through our same old routine: go out to dinner, watch movies, drink bear. But now I do the little kiss thing at the end of the night.

The problem is, I'm not sure how to go about furthering this. I like her so much as a friend that I'm a little afraid and I feel somewhat akward trying anything more. And I fear that she feels the same way. She did tell me "it'll take time for us to be comfortable" which I thought was an astonishingly mature and insightful thing to say. But still, what should I do?
    It's like now I can kiss her at the end of the night, because I did the first time. But I just don't get the vibe that says "come hither". Then again she's really not the type of girl to give off such vibes. I pretty much had to infer from all the time she spends with me that she liked me. Other than that there really isn't anything that denotes her interest.
    We're such buddies, and I don't think either of us knows how to break from that mould. I feel stuck in first gear or first base as it were. I can think of many things to do to take it to the next level, but I don't want to push it for her sake and mine.

I think the problem is roughly this. We went from buddies to buddies that kiss; but what happened to the in-between part where we hold hands and give eachother affectionate glances, and she puts her head on my shoulder. We don't do any of that. And I can't quite picture it happening either. It's all very delicate. I'm walking this thin line between friendship and love and I want to be in both camps at the same time which is probably impossible.
    Isn't it??

It sounds like you are doing just fine! If a girl is not interested in getting intimate with you she is not going to be kissing you or spending so much time with you.

Have you thought about just asking her what she wants? She may want the same things as you and is just waiting for you to ask her directly. From what you have said here you sound like a pretty good couple so its more than likely gonna go in your favour.

Best of luck to both of you.