+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When family members move

When family members move

Today I had to say goodbye to my parents. Im soo damn sad. They live about 2 hours north of me, but are moving back north, Green Bay. My brother moved back there last year.

We were all in the same town for years, and one left, than me, and well, my parents are in their mid 50's and want to be around us kids. Whats funny though, is that about 10 years ago, they moved to FL to get away from us kids. 6 months later my brother moves down, another year my other brother, than me and my son. Both of my brothers left after 7 years, than I had to get a life too, so I sold my house and here I am in Sarasota a yr later.

We have such a tight knit family, and it hurts to think were not together any longer. Granted Im 35 and my brothers are in their early 30's its like my parents are our best friends. Ive been trying like hell to NOT cry, but on and off I do. I'll see them again in November for the wedding, but its not the same.

Anyone else super close to their family members?

Gawd do I need some massive cheering up
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

well, I'm quite the opposite. I'm trying to get out of this house as fast as I can manage it. I was really close with my father, and now that he is gone I think he was the one that kept this family together. Dont het me wrong, I love my mother, but we simply dont work together when we're too close. The rest of my family (related people) I don't see much, and dont really care about seeing much either, with an exception for three people. So that's where I'm at.
    On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...

I'm the same. I can't wait to get away. I'm not particuarly close to any family member and I hardly ever go a day without getting into a big argument with them. For the rest of my relations, I don't particuarly care If I never saw them again, they're not exactly a big part of my life and not seeing them agaim wouldn't have much of an effect on me. However, despite my feelings concerning my familial ties, it is indeed nice to hear that some people are still very close with their family, especially further on in life.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aww, squirrley!! I know what you are going through! I came from a very large family - seven kids all together, and one by one they have all left the area we grew up in, and I am still here. Holidays are always a little sad for me, as I am very close to my sisters in particular, and consider them my best friends. Our phone bills are quite large sometimes! We rarely get together all at one time anymore.
    :-/

I have to say, though, I am okay with my mom living in another state. She is major high-maintenance.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

2 hours is not too much time.. if you miss them so much give them a surprise and go to see them

I like been close to my father, but I donīt need him here everyday..
    and with my mother, well i like been a few days with her, but i canīt stand living with her
    Y morirme contigo si te matas, y matarme contigo si te mueres,
    porque el amor cuando no muere mata, porque amores que matan nunca mueren

I live 15 minutes away from my Mother. I wouldn't leave her for anything......Alright I might; I guess I have considered it once.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

wow TAVS, is that "cockintheback mountain" in your avatar? Why would you choose that? (I know, the film is great, but still, what kind of message are you trying to convey?)
    On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...

I guess depending on where you are in your life, and the closeness everyone is different. I couldnt wait to get out of the house when I was 18. I dont want LIVE with them, but its pretty nice having everyone within 20 minutes drive time. Now its taking the flights, damn those suck.

We'll all be together for the wedding in November which is something to look forward to too.

For those of you guys who arent close, Im sorry, I know alot of people whom arent close to their family members and its the same, they dont really care one way or the other.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Brokeback Tavs ... starring ... Tavs and Lloyd as the lonely cowboy lovers .

sounds like it could work . So who's the catcher ?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    2 hours is a far drive for me. being that most places in hawaii are roughly 30 mintues away, 120 mintues of driving is a nightmare.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...