+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Private Viewings

King Zarathu Guest

Private Viewings

Hey,

This is just a suggestion... I think that you shouldn't give anonymous users the right to view threads, I think they should become registered users to do so. See, looking at it from a different perspective, people come to these forums and they post their personal problems here. It's a real life thing, and I strongly animadvert the idea of letting just anybody see it.

Now, some of you are probably thinking that even the registered members are just anybody. I also disagree. These people have been here for a while and they're willing to help.

Another response that is most likely going to rise is "well, skate whore, all they need to do is register and boom, voila." To which I answer: Do you know how ****ing LAZY people are these days?! People are so god damn lazy they won't get off themselves to go manually press the buttons on the TV, but they HAVE to have their remote control -.-

See, I had a past problem with this. Friends of mine would look me up on google just to **** around, and they came across this because google has access to the unlocked threads.

Anyways, just something to think about...

Quote Originally Posted by LTsK8eR2gO
    See, I had a past problem with this. Friends of mine would look me up on google just to **** around, and they came across this because google has access to the unlocked threads.
    if so, then why don't you choose a username that doesn't give any clue as to who you are?

Quote Originally Posted by alice
    if so, then why don't you choose a username that doesn't give any clue as to who you are?
    Do you know how ****ing LAZY people are these days?!
    Does that answer your question?
    ---------------------------------------------------------

King Zarathu Guest
    meh.. it just seemed like a better idea. see, at least i have reasons for wanting it to be more or less private. what are the reasons for wanting everything out in the open?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it's like shopping for clothes. you get to try on the suit before you buy it.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by LTsK8eR2gO
    meh.. it just seemed like a better idea. see, at least i have reasons for wanting it to be more or less private. what are the reasons for wanting everything out in the open?
    Good suggestion. I will look into this.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Restricting this site to only being viewable by users would be detrimental to the amount of people we average a day on this site. We generally get anywhere from 100-500 non-members a day.

Like I've said in the past and will always say, this forum is not intended for the 10-20 who literally spend their days trolling these boards, but rather the 100-500 non-members who will never register. This site is intended to help people and provide advice. (However blunt, harsh, annoying or bad that advice might be)

If your personal life is in such pathetic array that you need to mask who you really are away from the people that know you, all you have to do is re-register under a new name and ask your question.

how would people know whether or not they want to register if they can't even see what they're getting into?

isn't this like the 10th time sk8er has asked this question?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybog

Like I've said in the past and will always say, this forum is not intended for the 10-20 who literally spend their days trolling these boards, but rather the 100-500 non-members who will never register. This site is intended to help people and provide advice. (However blunt, harsh, annoying or bad that advice might be).
    Now be nice, Cybog. Without the 10-20 people who "troll" these boards, the 100-500 non-members would NEVER join, which I assume is the goal. Why should they? They would have no one else's problems to read about, and no one to get advice from.

I agree with misombra. No one will join if you can't see what the forum is all about...
    Last edited by vashti; 25-02-06 at 11:07 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

lol, cybog is one of those 10-20 people, lol.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

vashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

But I am a servant of the people!

a servant huh? boy have i got plans for you...

King Zarathu Guest
    Err.. 10-20?! No.. I'm positive there are more of you lifeless beings who have nothing better to do than constantly press the refresh button on your browser waiting for a new thread to pop up.

Another thing, people can tell what the board is about by looking at the title of the thread and seeing what happens. Do you not think that "LIEK OMG I LIKEE THIS GRL WHT DO I DOO" for a title gives enough information about what's inside it? It labels "Hey! Dumbasses like you can post dumbass questions!" therefore, they would sign up. Even so, don't you think this place has enough members as it is? Look at the number of people who get on here!

I think that things happen for a reason, and if a person can seek the help they can get from here, then they'll sign up. Otherwise...shit happens, but with every pro there's a con, and vice versa. They'll find their help another way, it's just a part of the learning process...

isn't this like the 10th time sk8er has asked this question?
    No.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast