+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking the ice with a really quiet girl...

Breaking the ice with a really quiet girl...

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and am here for one reason and one reason only... advice.

Anyway I'll cut to the chase, here's my situation: Their's a girl in one of my classes (i'm a freshmen in college) who I noticed on the very first day of the semester, and is the first girl I've seen my entire time in college who has just, well, stuck out. Anyway, she's extremely quiet. She was sitting behind me the first day, but since has been coming in just before class and sitting next to me on a consistent basis. I haven't been in the same place either, she seems to be making an effort to do this....(I know this is starting to sound like a middle school thing, but hear me out).

This class is half lecture, and half a work-out class so their seems to be ample time for conversation. She is also finding ways to be near me in the gym. I've only spoken to her a couple times and extremely briefly, I've never even actually introduced myself. When I want to say something I just can't think of a damn thing.

Like I said, she's extremely quiet. I've only seen her speak to one other person than me in the class the entire time (3 weeks now). I'm not an extremely outgoing person either, but I don't think I'm quite that quiet.

Anyway, I need some advice. On how to approach her, get to know her, and hopefully eventually ask her out. I'm having a real hard time with this because she is so very quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaven
    Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and am here for one reason and one reason only... advice.

Anyway I'll cut to the chase, here's my situation: Their's a girl in one of my classes (i'm a freshmen in college) who I noticed on the very first day of the semester, and is the first girl I've seen my entire time in college who has just, well, stuck out. Anyway, she's extremely quiet. She was sitting behind me the first day, but since has been coming in just before class and sitting next to me on a consistent basis. I haven't been in the same place either, she seems to be making an effort to do this....(I know this is starting to sound like a middle school thing, but hear me out).

This class is half lecture, and half a work-out class so their seems to be ample time for conversation. She is also finding ways to be near me in the gym. I've only spoken to her a couple times and extremely briefly, I've never even actually introduced myself. When I want to say something I just can't think of a damn thing.

Like I said, she's extremely quiet. I've only seen her speak to one other person than me in the class the entire time (3 weeks now). I'm not an extremely outgoing person either, but I don't think I'm quite that quiet.

Anyway, I need some advice. On how to approach her, get to know her, and hopefully eventually ask her out. I'm having a real hard time with this because she is so very quiet.
    I was in the same boat a while ago, I was fortunate enough to know one of her friends and she helped me out. The good new is for you that if she is purposely sitting by you i doubt she is quiet. Just shy and once you get to start talking with her, she will prove to you that she isnt quiet. Just introduce yourself and ask questions and listen carefully, relate to things she previously talked about to move the conversation further.
    Good luck

Does she know your name? If not, I would just start out one day by saying something like "You know, we haven't been properly introduced... I'm such and such." Just make a little effort to make a conversation, and she'll probably notice your effort.

she sits next to you and you actually have opportunity of talking in class . Wow , how easier can it get ?

3 steps
    1.Introduce .
    2.Talk/get to know
    3.Plan , ask out , not a "will you be my GF ?" type of asking , just start hanging out and then things will start rolling

geez , ppl get into college , graduate and have PHD's yet cant even manage to talk to a girl ....

I only read the title, but lean over toward her and whisper "fat penguin". She'll probably say "what"? And you say "fat penguin, I just wanted to say something to break the ice". Get it?
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Tone Guest
    LOL - nice one Lloyd - mind if I use that one tonight???

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    LOL - nice one Lloyd - mind if I use that one tonight???
    Sure; let me know if it works.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Wait; who's the quite one? You or her?
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Wait; who's the quite one? You or her?
    Well, her I guess. Like I said, I haven't noticed her talking to anyone else in the class at all. I'm fairly quiet, but I've at least talked with a few other kids in the class...

I find farting breaks ice.
    Suck my Bawls...

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    I only read the title, but lean over toward her and whisper "fat penguin". She'll probably say "what"? And you say "fat penguin, I just wanted to say something to break the ice". Get it?
    You know, that's not a bad idea... unless she doesn't get it, and you're stuck trying to explain something and the humor aspect is gone.

geez , ppl get into college , graduate and have PHD's yet cant even manage to talk to a girl ....
    Hey man, I've only just begun college. I haven't graduated, or have a PHD yet so I've still got time for improvement, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaven
    Hey man, I've only just begun college. I haven't graduated, or have a PHD yet so I've still got time for improvement, lol.
    ok then ....after all , college years are were most ppl gain most of their experiences .

just say hi. watch this...

hi.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    just say hi. watch this...

hi.
    WHOA!

Hey baby how you doin?? Can I buy you a drink?? Some expensive jewelry?? A yacht???

Just a little update here for anyone interested, I uh, "broke the ice" as I put it earlier. Got some pretty good signs from her too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast