+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any cell phone experts here?

Any cell phone experts here?

Tried calling the cute girl (Sharon Tate if you've followed my tale) last night and I get this:

Phone rings four times.

Recording answers with: 'Please wait while the Nextel subscriper is located.'

Silence, then:

'The subscriber you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please try your call later.'

Does that mean:

A- She gave me a fake number? But if so wouldn't it say 'the number you have reached is not in service?'

B- She's out of range?

C- She has caller ID and is avoiding me? In which case I would think it would go to a voice mail. Don't all cell phones have voice mail these days?

Weird.... Any ideas?

her phone is probably off.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it means she was out of range. That is why I hate cell phones. Try her again at a different time of day.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm a phone phreak

Nextel has seperate switching centers, so when you got the message about "Please hold while the Nextel....." It was dialing from the X subscriber into a Nextel subscriber. The next message about "The Nextel subscriber you are trying to reach is currently unavaible....." is one of two thngs. 1) She is out of Nextel range, or 2) She didn't pay her bill/phone was cancelled. It does not mean that her phone was off, she saw you on her CID, or didn't pick up. Voicemail is not stored on the phone, it's stored at the subscribers location, that's why you have to dial into it.

Taking a look at that, I wouldn't get all in a fussy just yet. Aside from any huge glitch in Nextel's system, you would have gotten her voicemail. It's most likely that she was either out of range, or hasn't payed her bill.

PS: I'm a social engineer at heart... when she gave you her phone number, how did she do it? Did she tell you, or did she write it down? How much of a gap was there from the time that you asked her, until you had it/ What was her body language like? Assuming there wasn't anyhting funky going on, she prolly wasn't lying to you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dono
    PS: I'm a social engineer at heart... when she gave you her phone number, how did she do it? Did she tell you, or did she write it down? How much of a gap was there from the time that you asked her, until you had it/ What was her body language like? Assuming there wasn't anyhting funky going on, she prolly wasn't lying to you about it.
    Here's the whole story on another thread:

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/showthread.php?t=11856&page=2[/url]

Everything was very positive, except that she seemed REALLY shy, which was fine.

What happened was at the end of the evening, I took her aside and said 'I'm sorry we didn't have a chance to chat much tonight, but here's my card. Do you have a number?'

She didn't hesitate but said 'Yes but I don't have a card or a pen.' Being a good Boy Scout I was prepared and handed her my pen, which she used to write her number on a napkin, again, with no hesitation.'

I'm still curious though...Don't ALL cell phone suscribers have voice mail these days? Even if she was out of range that should have picked up, no? I'm guessing she didn't pay her bill.

My bookie has Nextel and I get that message all the time for some reason. If it can't connect, it won't goto voice mail. If the phone were off, I believe it would go straight to voicemail. nextel sucks, if you haven't figured it out already.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    My bookie has Nextel and I get that message all the time for some reason. If it can't connect, it won't goto voice mail. If the phone were off, I believe it would go straight to voicemail. nextel sucks, if you haven't figured it out already.
    Yeah Lloyd, that's probably it especially if it's true that if it can't connect it can't go to voice-mail. That's a good thing as probably her CID didn't even show that I tried. Don't want to seem too anxious here.

I'll give it another shot tonight.

BTW... You seem like a really smart guy but why do you have a bookie you can't get hold of? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by blackiesharley
    BTW... You seem like a really smart guy but why do you have a bookie you can't get hold of? LOL
    Good point; he knew that I was just betting the Steelers all the way since early December.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Good point; he knew that I was just betting the Steelers all the way since early December.
    LOL

Also just spoke to Nextel (this has become a quest) They said just that. If the subscriber is out of range it often times doesn't even go to voice-mail OR if they're using the walkie-talkie feature voice-mail will not pick up and that message will be heard.

That's probably where your bookie is, using the walkie-talkie from the locker-room.

Thanks for all the input, but never mind...

Just as a fluke I looked at the number she wrote down. A '9' looked like a '4.' (It was dark in the club) DUH! Called and got a REAL voice mail with HER voice and left a brief, casual message. (So the number she gave me was indeed correct, she wasn't playing games)

Now my friends, please keep fingers (and toes) crossed that she calls me back.

Forget her looks (I go more for attitude anyway), I REALLY like this rather shy little Southern Belle!

Tone Guest
    Nice! Good luck blackie!

I was just about to suggest double checkin that you aren't misinterpreting the digits.

yahooo.
    fill us in!

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Nice! Good luck blackie!

I was just about to suggest double checkin that you aren't misinterpreting the digits.
    Well Tone, that's exactly what happened, perhaps a lesson for us all here. I just got to thinking that something just didn't make sense. She seemed SO sincere and let's face it, there are only ten million excuses for not giving out a legit number at a club or party if someone doesn't want to.

Quick story... My best buddy, a confirmed bachlor took a three day vacation in Las Vegas by himself. Hanging out by the pool sipping a drink soaking up some rays, he meets this girl on the next lounge chair who was there alone as well. They talk for three hours, exchange numbers. He gets back to the hotel room and can't find the number!

In a panic, he turns the room upside down (It happened to me too with this girl in fact). As a last resort he goes back to the pool area and see's this paper floating in the wind by the pool. It was it!

They just celebrated ten years of marriage...

True story...

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    yahooo.
    fill us in!
    Well, I will if she calls. (She will, think positive Blackie!)

Meanwhile, Xmas Girl has had an extremely bad dental emergency and I'm taking good care of her, driving her, ice packs, picking up the kid at school and stuff.... She'd do the same for me.

My Mother may have been right last night when she said 'you know this time next year you'll be married to *Xmas Girl.*' Probably true.

Why does all this shit happen at once? Weeks of boredom and severe loneliness and then suddenly all this activity...???

Every day is a winding road I guess....
    Last edited by blackiesharley; 22-02-06 at 05:38 AM.

Wow, you're still spending time with Christmas girl adn dating around also?

Does Christmas girl know?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast